1900 Pacific

Any word on this one since the News 8 story late last year? I know the economy has put just about everything on hold but I'm surprised demolition hasn't even started on the Corrigan Tower (1900 Pacific).

On a positive note though, the parks and rec dept voted to spend $2.5 million to buy the rest of the parking lot. Link

Any word on this one since the News 8 story late last year? I know the economy has put just about everything on hold but I'm surprised demolition hasn't even started on the Corrigan Tower (1900 Pacific).

On a positive note though, the parks and rec dept voted to spend $2.5 million to buy the rest of the parking lot. Link

No word on this one since the news 8 story.

That's because nothing is going to happen. The Dallas CBD had a negative absorption of 667,000 square feet in the 2nd Quarter. Office vacancy is up around 25%. Lending for tall office buildings is virtually non-existent. This building has not been brought back to life. They just got bored and SAID it was.

Seriously, in this climate, don't believe it until you see dirt moving and concrete trucks on the street. This is not getting built any time soon.

...The Dallas CBD had a negative absorption of 667,000 square feet in the 2nd Quarter. Office vacancy is up around 25%. Lending for tall office buildings is virtually non-existent...

That'd make sense but this is a residential project. Not that the Dallas high-rise residential is in better shape... :rolleyes:

It defiantly isn't going to break ground soon considering the first thing that'll have to happen is construction of the parking garage underneath Pacific Park which won't start till the Belo Garden Park has finished. Then in no particular order, Corrigan Tower would come down, the Petroleum Building gets renovated into a boutique hotel and construction starts on the new 52-story condo building.

The reason I asked is if any by some random chance, the properties have been sold, the project has popped up on a website, plans have been filed, etc.

Ever since Rita Sweeney's death in 2007 this project has been back and forth. http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/102307dnmetsweeneyobit.196b4afbf.html

No news if Mr. Sweeney has obtained the required 2009 hotel building permit from the city, though. I could see the hotel going forward, with the residential tower later when Pacific Plaza park starts construction of the undergroung garage.

Archived