Central Market Houston At 3815 Westheimer Rd.

They added a elevated post to direct traffic and (maybe) hand out water.

cATX5n1.jpg

Something is going on with the front windows

AsmhM5R.jpg

cySp6BN.jpg

CM has recently started two fruit-infused water fountains. Free to the customer walking in.  Hopefully that stays and it's just not a hot summer thing. Exotic water fits Highland Village shopping experience.

It's CM's yearly Hatch Fest!!

Luaa3sN.jpg

• Like 3

On 8/13/2016 at 1:11 AM, Twitter1 said:

Off topic.  Here's an H-E-B store in Austin, Texas

msVZmaK.jpg

Also off topic, but I hear that HEB is moving into the Dallas market.

On topic, I always thought this central market was on the smaller size compared to the one in Austin.  Glad to see it expand.

• Like 1

Something took a bite out of a corner of CM :o

I've been meaning to take a photo. I'll snap it tomorrow.

Adore how you can see the BHP bldg in the background.  Also The James River Oaks and Amegy Bank :wub:

New kitchen equipment went in! (Well, I think the olive bar is new.  The sticker also indicates as such?)

pQaWOJO.jpg

The smaller items have new, double decker canisters.

vH9Fj1L.jpg

• Like 1

I am not. I collect Riedel crystal. The CM Riedel glasses are always limited edition (one time pressing) so they're always a bit special.  If I break a glass, I cannot re buy it :rolleyes:

Crystal is top shelf, the bottom is beer glasses, etc.

qVhAkSn.jpg

Really, the Riedel crystal is so thin it's scary to drink out of.  Mainly used for display.

The entrance is massive! Maybe the structure has risen? It's so high up, and has some type of corrugated steel roof panel.

Parking? Did H-E-B buy additional land to expand parking? With a bigger store, comes bigger crowds.  There was (forum) talks about H-E-B buying the apartment complex to the left. Well, at least their parking garage.

Thought about H-E-B stock.  They're the biggest grocer in Texas?

9 hours ago, Twitter1 said:

The entrance is massive! Maybe the structure has risen? It's so high up, and has some type of corrugated steel roof panel.

Parking? Did H-E-B buy additional land to expand parking? With a bigger store, comes bigger crowds.  There was (forum) talks about H-E-B buying the apartment complex to the left. Well, at least their parking garage.

Thought about H-E-B stock.  They're the biggest grocer in Texas?

You can't buy stock in H-E-B, but yes, I think they are the biggest grocer in Texas (besides Walmart). H-E-B's stores number about 370, though I don't know if that includes the Mexico stores are not (there are 50). Kroger comes in second with 320 stores in the former SW division (including a handful of stores in Louisiana), while the Albertsons total (scraping together United, Randalls, Tom Thumb, and the legacy Albertsons stores) come out to a bit over 200.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Sorry guys. I've stopped updating this thread because I feel guilty after drinking a few beers then posting.  Feel like I'm PWD (Posting While Drunk) :rolleyes:

CM made a major milestone in construction this week.  OMG I can't handle it.  I have like 20 photos to share but don't want to post them all..  I have accumulated construction photos over the past month.  Here are some from this weekends!

Old Central Market logo was removed.

r7JrEKl.jpg

Temp banner as replacement

EiAdmoP.jpg

What's in the boxes!?! (Register parts?)

UeyufDU.jpg

New red brick and new register systems

gxmv5yN.jpg

New register system

aELKiQY.jpg

TtKq2yq.jpg

"Sky high" ceiling as they were advertising

UB35vhc.jpg

Prairie Pirate Paradise was on tap.  Ranks a 95 on BA, which is World Class status.  Drank three glasses and decided to leave.  Can't flurf where I eat.

Update: The next day it was sold out! I only got to have three pours :/

mReFLMt.jpg

rjoDjUT.jpg

Good stuff for sure.  Drinking in the trendy part of town :wub:

Edited by Twitter1
  • Like 5

On 11/21/2016 at 5:54 PM, UtterlyUrban said:

I need to understand and excuse my ignorance......

I have never been to central market.....

There is a spot there that you can CONSUME  beer?  Is this new or has it always been there?  

It's new, added as part of the remodel. They had a very extensive beer and wine selection in the pre-renovation CM, but no actual taproom serving beer. 

• 1 month later...

Sexy

iTCROor.jpg

(behind the scenes)

What is that used for!?! Home made chocolate?

CM did not spend money on bathroom remodels. I even heard a angry customer saying there wasn't a "baby changing" area.

Edit: I have not seen the drawings. I could be wrong..

Edited by Twitter1
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

That's it, I'm done. Central Market is amazing!! wow

Sorry, no photos. Well, I have about 50 photos from the past few months but don't want to take the time to post them.

Bathrooms are starting to be remodeled, or are they just that gross? Hoping the bathrooms get touched up.

I'm a honey and maple syrup collector.. CM just started a Greek section.  They have like 9 times of Greek honey!  I don't see how a single store can have like 30 types of honey. Their chip isle(s)!  They have a tortilla chip isle, and then a "flavored" chip isle.  Probably a selection of 75 different types of chips?  It's just amazing.. the selection you have. That's how you spend money!  Gotta have control..

Edited by Twitter1

• 2 weeks later...