Crestview doors

sevfiv

My comp does buisness with door companies and showed them this company. They said the prices are crazy high and probobly having someone else make them, then marking them up. Call Conroe door is you need a retro door. They will make one cheaper than this.

What about the Doorlite Kits? The double paned reeded ones are ~$320 (much less for the singles and clear).

http://www.crestviewdoors.com/index.php/diy-kits

I have neighbors in Glenbrook that just put a door kit from Crestview. Looks great from the photos I saw. I don't know details about difficulty but they haven't complained about it and they did it themselves.

^Good to hear - there is a short video on the site of someone installing a kit but it fast-forwards through the busywork (sawing, setting). It still looks relatively easy, though, as long as you make good cuts in the door.

• 2 months later...

I'm still wavering on this one. The current front door is one of those plain ones with the semicircle/leaded glass up top (bleh) but there is also a storm door in front which would probably block most visibility of the kit. It's kind of like this one in black but I think the glass goes a little lower.

So do I remove the storm door and get a new front door to install the kit? Or is it better to leave the storm door and forgo the new door? (the door there now is similar to this one but painted dark grey..). Decisions!

edit - the door pretty much needs to go. I guess the main issue is keeping the storm door or not.

• 4 weeks later...

^Good to hear - there is a short video on the site of someone installing a kit but it fast-forwards through the busywork (sawing, setting). It still looks relatively easy, though, as long as you make good cuts in the door.

It is straight forward, but a little time consuming. The cuts don't have to be perfect because you cover them with trim. Although I have never installed the kits from crestview, I have put in a few custom made doorlites. As long as you have the tools it is technically easy. I think it is easier than hanging a door!

Archived