Tropical Storm Claudette - 2009

editor

From the SciGuy blog at chron.

TROPICAL DEPRESSION FOUR

Not much to say about this storm as it moves inland during the next day or so. The big question is whether it becomes a tropical storm before doing so, and at this point it's about a 50-50 proposition. It shouldn't matter a whole lot anyway.

Too bad it's not coming to Texas because this is the kind of tropical weather the state desperately needs to break its historic drought.

http://blogs.chron.com/sciguy/archives/2009/08/should_we_harden_the_texas_coast_or_retreat_from_i.html

well im hoping for this thing to develop, we need some catching up to do. Well now you know a little bit of my character....

Updated thread title to "Tropical Storm Claudette." This looks like it'll just be a soaker, which is good because both Florida and Georgia need rain badly. Probably some neighboring states, too.

Actually, Florida would be better withouth the rain. Drought for them was over months ago and they have been receiving alot of rain lately. Georgia needs it though.

southeast_dm.png

US Drought Monitor - Southeast

Actually, Florida would be better withouth the rain. Drought for them was over months ago and they have been receiving alot of rain lately. Georgia needs it though.

southeast_dm.png

US Drought Monitor - Southeast

Good new for that part of the country. Nice weak storm with some generous rain.

Did we not have a 'Claudette' in 2003 or '04? My belief is that names are rested for 10 years before being used again.

Archived