SJL Town Halls

Tiko

I think this info got released in the dead of the night, so not much advance warning...

Tuesday, August 11

10:00 am - 12:00 am

Peavy Neighborhood Center

3814 Market Street (MAP)

Houston TX 77020

(713-238-2237)

Wednesday, August 12

7:30 pm - 9:30 pm

Tidwell Community Center

9720 Spaulding Street (MAP)

Houston TX 77016

(713-636-8221)

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think this info got released in the dead of the night, so not much advance warning...

It's by design.. Surprised she didn't announce a Heights location..

Edit: actually, no.. I'm not surprised..

I'd like to see Her vs. the Teabaggers, what potential for a show! I may have to go to tomorrow's meeting. Might get to see some of this Loud Democracy up close.

SJL is a joke - she is one of the worst of them all. I would love to goto one of these meetings but I leave town Tuesday night, and actually have to work through the meeting in the middle of the day. I sent her an email and a letter already on the health care bill and have not received so much as a response in any way shape or form. She requires you to submit all of your information including address and phone number to even be able to email her. That way she does not have to worry about accidentally reading the opinion of someone she does not care to schmooze. Someone has got to challenge this woman....she has no place in office!

I have tried to be nice and polite regarding my views on SLJ, but as a result of seeing how inconsiderate and downright rude this B*itch is, the gloves need to come off. She is an insult to everyone that she claims to represent and she must be removed.

Have a look.

Check this out:

Really. Regardless of your political bent, don't we deserve better?

Indeed.. She's a disgrace.. And I've yet to get any response to issues I've had with pending legislation in the past. A form letter would be better than ignoring..

Indeed.. She's a disgrace.. And I've yet to get any response to issues I've had with pending legislation in the past. A form letter would be better than ignoring..

I have never received a response either - I have sent multiple emails and several letters. All polite and telling her what I thought about the legislation and that I do indeed live in her district and therefore she needs to take my concerns into consideration as well. Nothing has ever come from it. I am probably on some watch list for telling her I dont agree with her and Obama.

We need someone much better than SJL - she is a joke - and she is a patsy for the president and Pelosi.

He got stomped in 2008 77% to 20% and he doesn't stand a chance, hope this helps.

Edit: And oh just for fun, SJL raised $930K in the 08 cycle and only spent half of it and Faulkner only raised $59K. No chance.

Unfortunately I dont think any republican stands a chance in the 18th district - One can only hope for a conservative democrat to challenge her. She is absolutely terrible...but the DNC will pour money on SJL if a Conservative Democrat runs against her, because she is a puppet...she will do what she is told by the boys in charge if it will get her more power.... If I was that woman and I had the mic in my hand speaking to SJL when she took that phone call I would have removed it from her hand and smashed it on the ground. The rudeness and arrogance of this woman is astounding!

The 18th district needs a change!

That was beyond rude. I don't care if you agree with Obama's healthcare plan or not, it was still rude and disrespectful. I really am hoping that Sean Roberts can at least give her a run for her money.

And as far as Shelia being a patsy for the Dems, I don't believe she wields that much power. Everyone knows she's a joke. I'd bet that candid interviews with some of her colleagues would suggest that deep down inside, they think she's a nutcase.

I will be present tonight.

I've actually read through the Energy & Commerce Committee's proposed bill and have some legitimate questions on things such as the government's access to investment and banking accounts and right to privacy.

"I'd love to answer your question, but I'm sorry I have to take this..."

This is a blog with multiple articles. Which one(s) are you referring to?

Here's a good article and video about another one of her town hall meetings: http://lonestartimes.com

Apparently there was a fake doctor who supports the new health care reform bill planted in the front row.

EDIT: He seems to be referring to this entry: http://lonestartimes.com/2009/08/13/obama-camp-plants-fake-doc-che-fan-at-jackson-lee-forum/

I will be present tonight.

I've actually read through the Energy & Commerce Committee's proposed bill and have some legitimate questions on things such as the government's access to investment and banking accounts and right to privacy.

Were you just as concerned with the Patriot Act?

This is a blog with multiple articles. Which one(s) are you referring to?

EDIT: He seems to be referring to this entry: http://lonestartimes...kson-lee-forum/

Yuppo... all over the Chronic now.....

http://blogs.chron.c..._doesnt_kn.html

Cherish your childhood memories... when your Mom told you to go out and play... just be home for dinner... and you always arrived home safely... no matter what you did those 8 hours you were FREE in your neighborhood. Cherish and remember the those days... when America was great. Because those days are behind us folks. Tell those stories to your children... so they know how life used to be before the greed and corruption of our nation ruined it. Let them know how, "back in the day", an honest and truthful person could be a politician. Let them know that there is no political 'label' worth their time to join. For every Spoda Jackson Lee.... there is a republican cheating on his wife or playing doctor with a 12 year old boy.

All my life I thought one party was always 3 touchdowns ahead of the other... here we are... it's 2009.... and it's a TIE.

Spoda Jackson Lee is the poster idiot for the Blue Team..... definitely MPV of the League.

Archived