Shopping retro tile in Houston

Sybarite

Trying to find tile for our kitchen backsplash to add a touch of retro. Been to a dozen tile places and can't find anything but "Tuscan" and glass. Does anyone know where to shop for ceramic or porcelain tile in retro colors in Houston?

I've been scoping ceramic tile for my kitchen. You can look at what Daltile has available at their website: www.daltile.com

You can't buy online, but they have a showroom on Richmond. I haven't been to the showroom, so I don't know what they have available to show, but I'd be willing to bet they have at least a sample of everything the website shows you, and would certainly be able to sell you anything the manufacturer offers.

The navigation on the website can be a little confusing. The kind of thing you're probably looking for is the "Natural Hues" series, so make sure you see that before you decide they don't have what you're looking for.

Trying to find tile for our kitchen backsplash to add a touch of retro. Been to a dozen tile places and can't find anything but "Tuscan" and glass. Does anyone know where to shop for ceramic or porcelain tile in retro colors in Houston?

If you haven't already try Hutcherson Tile at 130 Mitchell Road off Airline Drive half way between Canino and Gulf Bank. It's off the beaten path to be sure but has a wide selection including the style and color you may be looking for. Their phone number is 281 447 6354 and they've been there for ages.

I've been scoping ceramic tile for my kitchen. You can look at what Daltile has available at their website: www.daltile.com

You can't buy online, but they have a showroom on Richmond. I haven't been to the showroom, so I don't know what they have available to show, but I'd be willing to bet they have at least a sample of everything the website shows you, and would certainly be able to sell you anything the manufacturer offers.

The navigation on the website can be a little confusing. The kind of thing you're probably looking for is the "Natural Hues" series, so make sure you see that before you decide they don't have what you're looking for.

I bought my subway tile and 1 inch hex tile at Daltile. It will likely have to be special ordered, but they do have it.

Archived