DMN Calls for better convention center hotel design

editor

I really like the new Terminal D at DFW Airport. Especially compared to the rest of the 1970s terminal designs.

As for the DCCH, the current proposal is terrible. I'd rather see another Sheraton Hotel (formerly Adam's Mark) then this current... thing.

• 1 month later...

I always wished the Houston Chronicle had an architecture critic.

Heh. All the Chron would have to do is make up a name that sounds like a plausible architecture critic, run a byline with a photo of some random person who works in the ad dept, and have an admin assistant patch together some columns from nothing but HAIF posts. Voila: the new, new media.

I always wished the Houston Chronicle had an architecture critic.

Heh. All the Chron would have to do is make up a name that sounds like a plausible architecture critic, run a byline with a photo of some random person who works in the ad dept, and have an admin assistant patch together some columns from nothing but HAIF posts. Voila: the new, new media.

Well we have Nancy Sarnoff.

The problem is that a true critic would have to have opinions, and these might occasionally be negative, and expressing negative opinions and running the risk of possibly offending anyone runs counter to the Chronicle's editorial policy.

The problem is that a true critic would have to have opinions, and these might occasionally be negative, and expressing negative opinions and running the risk of possibly offending anyone runs counter to the Chronicle's editorial policy.

You're right about that. That's probably why they are losing so many readers. Ugh.

I think you missed my point. That is who wrote the article in the DMN: a classical music critic. The DMN does not have an architecture critic either.

Interesting, thanks. Then I would settle for a classical music critic - or anyone - that wrote serious architecture criticism! :D

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Looks like just another office building, like something you'd see in Greenspoint or something. Heh.

• 1 year later...

The lights were turned on the other night. Getting close to opening.

I love the lighting. But it looks like it belongs in vegas. Something more suttle, like a slower transition of colors would be nicer.

Why doesnt Htown get something as fabulous??

Call me the king of flash & trash but I am completely jealous. The building itself isnt that great, but at night it looks exciting!

Does the Chronicle post the policy online? Where may I see it?

Archived