Ruby Tequila's Mexican Kitchen At 2616 Louisiana St.

fatesdisastr

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

http://gloriasrestau...n-houstons.html

"Gloria’s Restaurants will soon be leaving for Houston to open its newest location in Midtown. This is an exciting day for owners Jose and Gloria Fuentes because Houston is where they originally met after fleeing El Salvador during its civil war in the late 70’s. They are currently in talks with Bruce Molzan one of the current owners of the historic Ruggles Grill which is located on the 900 block of Westheimer. If all goes as planned Jose and Gloria will demolish the 40 year old 26,000 sq. ft. Ruggles Grill to build a new 7,500 sq. ft. restaurant. This location is to be the first of 4 locations that will be opening in the greater Houston area. They also plan on opening additional locations in Sugar Land, The Woodlands, and West University. “Houston is a huge international market, and the competition is going to be very tough, but we will succeed there,” said Fuentes. Gloria’s just recently celebrated its 25th anniversary and has 12 locations in the DFW area and one in Austin."

Edited by DrLan34

• 3 weeks later...

We ate there once.....the waiter could barely bothered to give us a drink and chips -- he actually never came back to see if we wanted a second drink....we had to ask the manager for the check....and the place was almost empty so it wasn't like he was busy -- never went back...

My girlfriend and I had similar experiences twice. Mexican food in midtown doesn't seem to have staying power.

• 3 weeks later...

hi everyone. i've been a lurker a long time on here, and finally decided to register. i live in midtown, and walk by ruby's a lot. what are they doing to that building. it is completely stripped down, and almost demolished. just thought i would see if anyone had an update. thanks.

Love El Xuxo Xicana.

Damn. It's going bye bye also. At least it won't be the same.

http://www.29-95.com...wns-xuco-xicana

Hard to believe people in mid town will flock to a mediocre mexican restaurant like Cyclone Anaya's but not patronize XX. Might as well live in the suburbs where chain restaurants rule.

Edited by Fringe

Hard to believe people in mid town will flock to a mediocre mexican restaurant like Cyclone Anaya's but not patronize XX. Might as well live in the suburbs where chain restaurants rule.

We went there twice -- the food was terrible the first time (cold and tasted strange) -- we actually weren't charged as the waiter agreed with us....second time was better but not memorable. Been to Cyclone's many times and have never had a bad meal.....their seafood enchiladas rock

• Like 1

We went there twice -- the food was terrible the first time (cold and tasted strange) -- we actually weren't charged as the waiter agreed with us....second time was better but not memorable. Been to Cyclone's many times and have never had a bad meal.....their seafood enchiladas rock

Same here. We went on a saturday evening around 9 and it was dead. There was only 3 other tables in the whole place. Food was on par with El Rey on Westheimer... disgusting.

• 2 weeks later...

I live a block away and went there a few times. The food was pretty good but everything else about this place was obnoxious. The logo is awful, the aluminum addition looks cheap, and the tables were wobbly and sticky.

I'm sure nobody here will agree with me but they should put in a Freebirds or Chipotle type of restaurant. I'd go there at least once per week. There are simply too many sit down restaurants in the area, especially Mexican. The Midtown young and busy demographic needs more quick, healthy food restaurants. I don't know why nobody has thought of opening a semi fast food burrito joint.

Same here. We went on a saturday evening around 9 and it was dead. There was only 3 other tables in the whole place. Food was on par with El Rey on Westheimer... disgusting.

this place was horrible. went once. packaged tortilla shells were used for their crispy tacos. rice was dried out. no thanks

Ate at Gloria's while in the DFW area this last weekend. I give it two thumbs up. It's kind of like a combination of Churrascos and Pappasitos. Margarita's were muy bien. At the one we dined they clear the tables out at 10 and have Salsa dancing. Don't know if the Houston location will do the same. Looking forward to it coming here. Nice to have something just a little different from all the regular TexMex places.

• The title was changed to Ruby Tequila's Restaurant In Midtown
  • The title was changed to Ruby Tequila's Mexican Kitchen At 2616 Louisiana St.