Sign in to follow this  
texas911

Darth Vader's House in West U

So I drive by Darth Vader's house, that's what my kids call it, on the corner of Buffalo Speedway and University, and there is temporary fencing around it. Like its going to be demolished. Anyone know what's going on?

So I drive by Darth Vader's house, that's what my kids call it, on the corner of Buffalo Speedway and University, and there is temporary fencing around it. Like its going to be demolished. Anyone know what's going on?

I meant to start this thread a few days ago after I noticed the same thing. I hope it's not being torn down!

I think it is 3202 University. I pulled it up on the permit website and I don't see anything.

flipper

Edited by flipper

I'm pretty sure that this house was only built in the mid to late 80's. I remember the stones on the inclined base used to slide down all the time. In more recent years, it appears that they found some sort of adhesive to hold them in place. Maybe the house has other construction issues.

Always wondered about that house .... The owner must have a "dark" taste

The residents are probably moving here:

death-star-lunar-hotel.jpg

Just an update, they are not tearing it down, they are doing some mondo updates to it. When I drove by, they had stripped the brick of the bottom and put a fresh layer of Tyvek. At least its safe from the wrecking ball. We need more Darth Vader houses and less Spanish/Mediterranean/Italian/French crap in Houston.

Just an update, they are not tearing it down, they are doing some mondo updates to it. When I drove by, they had stripped the brick of the bottom and put a fresh layer of Tyvek. At least its safe from the wrecking ball. We need more Darth Vader houses and less Spanish/Mediterranean/Italian/French crap in Houston.

Not a bad idea. Maybe we they can have some kind of platform on the roof with some .50 cal machine guns in case the aliens attack.

I've driven by that one a few times and always thought it was some kind of public building. Finding out it's a house gives me hope. I too want to see more Darth Vadar and less Tony Soprano.

Edited by Scott08

A friend of mine lives right across the street from this house. I'll ask him about it.

Edited by mrfootball