Friendswood #33 in top 100 small towns

20thStDad

http://money.cnn.com.../PL4827648.html

Another list with their own special criteria. There were 7 other Texas ones, all along I-35 it seemed.

So Friendswood - I don't know much about it at all, but it seems nice. If I work in (far west) Pearland, why would I not want to live there? A quick HAR.com search tells me I can get 3 times the house I have in the Heights for the same price...tempting.

• 3 weeks later...

I grew up in Friendswood. Well, until 7th grade. It was pretty Mayberry. I rode my bike a long way to school; after sports practice we walked to the town pharmacy and had cherry cokes and candy bars at the lunch counter. It was the 50s, after all. Ok, it was actually the 70s and we also smoked dope around the corner from the fire station, but it was still Mayberry. But now there's no 'town' part of Friendswood left anymore that I saw the last time I took a nostalgia-drive thru. I guess maybe a city hall and a place that processes your tax payments, but it doesn't seem to offer a townie feel, if that's what the article is suggesting. I always thought Pearland retained much more townie character.

Archived