Sign in to follow this  
GIS_Gordon

Willow Waterhole Greenspace

Hi all,

I'm moving in to Post Oak Manor next month and I had been very concerned about whats going on just behind the neighborhood...then I ran across this:

wol_error.gifThis image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 960x768 and weights 88KB.WillowWaterholeDetention.jpg

I think this is great, and I really hope it creates a natural barrier between Main and the new tollroads to the south. Does anyone know what the current project status is?

Also, any useful info about Post Oak Manor and Willowbrook / WillowBend would be great.

Does Post Oak Manor have an active Civic club?

Thanks

Shell property addition to Willow Waterhole takes critical steps forward

https://communityimpact.com/houston/bellaire-meyerland-west-university/2019/10/31/shell-property-addition-to-willow-waterhole-takes-critical-steps-forward

After a six-year process, plans to construct a new 13-acre detention pond in Westbury took critical steps forward in late October.

“What I would say to the people of Westbury and those who have been here a long time is, don’t sell. Don’t leave. Stay because steps are being taken to make the area a lot more resilient and a lot more sustainable,” Houston Mayor Sylvester Turner said.

Houston City Council approved the $3.4 purchase of a former Shell Oil Co. facility to serve as the site for the new detention basin on Oct. 16 and Mayor Sylvester Turner closed the sale with Shell executive Keith Probyn at a ceremonial signing Oct. 31. The property is adjacent to a park and network of detention basins known collectively as the Willow Waterhole, just southwest of the I-610 Loop.

As a part of the sale contract, the city of Houston will lease the site back to Shell while it clears out the property over the next 16 to 18 months. Over that time period, Houston Public Works will conduct engineering studies and draw up a formal proposal for the detention basin to be presented to both Houston City Council and the Harris County Flood Control District, Public Works Director Carol Haddock said.

• Like 2