My bathroom has a space of 64-inch long for bathroom vanity. The space is wall to wall and currently there's a built-in vanity. Most standard vanities are 61-inch or 48-inch including countertop. Does it look odd if I install a 48-inch one in the middle with an 8-inch gap at both sides? Or to install a 61-inch vanity with a customized 64-inch countertop? I don't plan on paying for a customized vanity which cost >>$1,000. Other than HD and Lowes, what other stores may carry standard vanities at around $500-600? I know there're a lot of remodeling pros here, so hopefully someone can give me some suggestions. Thanks.

Err, where is the toilet in the picture?

IMO, it won't look very good with the gaps on either side, like wasted space or you tried to go cheap and not get a custom vanity. I see a couple of options: (1) use the 61" vanity, adding wood fillers to attach it to the side walls, and then use a full width top. (2) consider pushing a smaller vanity to one side, and then putting in a nice floor cabinet furniture with shelves and doors to hold towels.

What style are you going for? Depending on your style, (1) or (2) may look better.

Err, where is the toilet in the picture?

IMO, it won't look very good with the gaps on either side, like wasted space or you tried to go cheap and not get a custom vanity. I see a couple of options: (1) use the 61" vanity, adding wood fillers to attach it to the side walls, and then use a full width top. (2) consider pushing a smaller vanity to one side, and then putting in a nice floor cabinet furniture with shelves and doors to hold towels.

What style are you going for? Depending on your style, (1) or (2) may look better.

The toilet is next door, next to the bath tub. Most 61-inch vanities have double sinks. I want one with 1 sink only since this is a guest bathroom. I like traditional or classic style. Any suggestions on where to buy? Thanks!

There is a store in Old Town Spring that has a pretty good selection of vanity cabinets. It is called Metals,Petals, and More. They have an in stock selection of many different styles and sizes. Some are fairly inexpensive, others....not so much.

Funny enough, I have seen some nice units on overstock.com.

Actually, what about an open vanity? Gives plenty of storage space, and you might even be able to construct it yourself (it isn't rocket science, especially if you paint and don't stain it). I love the look of the open vanities with stacks of towels below. Very spa-like. I bet you could build one for cheap, and then have more to spend on a nice granite or carrera marble top.

http://nhwoodworking.com/Bathroom_Vanity_Open_Style.html

http://www.ebuild.com/articles/sectionId.1598/506629.hwx

Archived