Home At 2719 Kipling St.

2719B Kipling

$425,000

Stunning architect designed freestanding patio home located in Upper Kirby with great views, landscaped patio and a treehouse feel! Numerous designer finishes including seagrass, cork, ''Crocodile'' wall coverings,dark distressed plank floors; seagrass and wool carpets. Great for entertaining with loft like 2nd floor living, dining, kitchen, den area featuring high ceilings,huge window walls on North and South, mosaic surround fireplace. Master - operable French doors,fab bath and yummy closet.
http://gunn.net/images/listings/kipling_2719b/livingRoom.jpghttp://gunn.net/images/listings/kipling_2719b/bedroom.JPG

Not only is it a beautiful home, it's walking distance to all your favorite shopping, restaurants, night life, and entertainment! For example...Kuhl-Linscomb, Barnes and Nobles, Rice Village, Becks Prime, Whole Foods, Aka Sushi, Pappasito's Cantinas, Zoe's Kitchen... that's only the beginning! Come check it out, and see what more this gorgeous home has to offer!

For more information contact Sandra at

713-502-5050 or email

Dosn't do it for me. Can we please stop with the adobe (or whatever that is)? It looks hot, dried out and reminds me of fingernails on a chalk board.

It's EIFS, which is even worse. Think Styrofoam with a mesh backing, covered in acrylic, laid on top of a moisture barrier, and plywood. Yeah...

The outside reminds me of a milk carton with awkward windows. Too bad it's EIFS. I like the floors, but I'd knock out the solid stair banister, un-white the kitchen, and somehow try to retrofit a real upper patio. Alas. But it's only 425k!

It's EIFS, which is even worse. Think Styrofoam with a mesh backing, covered in acrylic, laid on top of a moisture barrier, and plywood. Yeah...

Sounds like living in a reinforced ice chest. Is EIFS energy efficient?

The inside looks okay, but I agree about the banister. Why did they do it that way right next to a very nice fireplace? The exterior has no distinction whatsoever.

I want to know more about the 'yummy closet.'

Is Clive Owen hiding in it?

:lol: Maybe he's in the "fab bath"

Oh well, the interior is nice for the most part and it does have location. Just can't get past that exterior. I'd get depressed driving back to it every day.

Oh well, the interior is nice for the most part and it does have location. Just can't get past that exterior. I'd get depressed driving back to it every day.

Just from casual observation, I think that the advent of homes with attached garages was probably linked to a refocusing of consumer preferences from the exterior of the home to the interior. When you don't have to walk around and into your home and appreciate it on a regular and casual basis, what exactly is the point? And in the case of townhomes, you don't even have to bother with any landscaping or really EVER leave an an un-air-conditioned environment to view your home as a pedestrian might.

Any unnecessary expenditure to enhance the appeal of an underutilized exterior is purely to satisfy the owner's excessive affective needs. To the outside world, excess focus on the exterior may signify that the owner is very needy, trying too hard to influence anonymous others. It's a sign of weakness.

Just from casual observation, I think that the advent of homes with attached garages was probably linked to a refocusing of consumer preferences from the exterior of the home to the interior. When you don't have to walk around and into your home and appreciate it on a regular and casual basis, what exactly is the point? And in the case of townhomes, you don't even have to bother with any landscaping or really EVER leave an an un-air-conditioned environment to view your home as a pedestrian might.

Any unnecessary expenditure to enhance the appeal of an underutilized exterior is purely to satisfy the owner's excessive affective needs. To the outside world, excess focus on the exterior may signify that the owner is very needy, trying too hard to influence anonymous others. It's a sign of weakness.

Or that he/she is considerate of what their neigbors have to look at and cognizant of what he/she has to look at on their neighbors' house.

Or that he/she is considerate of what their neigbors have to look at and cognizant of what he/she has to look at on their neighbors' house.

Well, seeing as how all of the homes in that development are equally bland on the exterior, I'd imagine that all the neighbors share similar aesthetic values and priorities or else they wouldn't have chosen to live there. The same could be said for people that buy old homes in the Heights.

Well, seeing as how all of the homes in that development are equally bland on the exterior, I'd imagine that all the neighbors share similar aesthetic values and priorities or else they wouldn't have chosen to live there. The same could be said for people that buy old homes in the Heights.

Ouch!

Ouch!

No, no. Nothing personal meant by it. Informal segregation by temperament works in all kinds of ways in every strata of society. And on the whole, society is better for it. Aside from that people with similar perspectives to one's own make better neighbors as far as most people are concerned (not me), a homogeneously heterogeneous world would be a very boring one.

I hate the outside. (EIFS. Is theat for "Extra Icky Faux Stucco?) I sort of like the inside, although, it's not totally, my cup of tea. It has a nice feel with the distressed floors and I dig grass cloth. However I think the outside should relate to the inside. I think the interior is diminished by the blast of sunlight reflecting off concrete and other EIFS houses.

Okay, as to not have every reply poopoo the original listing, here are some that I personally like more:

The Four Seasons:

http://gunn.net/Four%20Seasons/2611/four-seasons-downtown-houston-2611.htm

2119 Wroxton:

http://www.gunn.net/2219%20Wroxton.htm

Lease at Tribeca (mainly for the exterior - yay Joseph Finger):

http://gunn.net/tribeca.htm

and Keystone:

http://gunn.net/keystone_9C.htm

• 4 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Beautiful Home In Upper Kirby For Sale
  • The title was changed to Home At 2719 Kipling St.

Archived