Flipped mod on Gaywood

hadooga

Just sifting through listings at HAR and noticed this one. Original thread (with some pictures) is here, and it was a Mod of the Month that December. Did anyone else here go look at this house? I loved the old kitchen, which they completely ripped out. Also, the the nice brick wall in the living room is now gone. What all did they do to the front? The river rock looking wall to the right of the door has been replaced with some kind of tile? Ugh. From the old thread, they were asking 375,000 or 400,000 if it got listed with a realtor - it's listed at 649,000 now.

Nothing like dishing up a generic, 'been there, seen that" interior in a home that possessed a relatively timeless modern quality. Looking at the interior images one is forced to recall nearly every home project featured on HGTV... ever. And that new kitchen -- the original kitchen was light and airy while the new is heavy... while "tasteful" with desired accoutrement, it’s predictable and trite.

But hey, the house has been "updated".

Ugh! These ugly chandeliers with little lampshades *must* go. (I've never understood why these kinds of chandeliers look "updated" -- they remind me too much of these restaurants that were built in 50's or 60's and never updated since then.) And that fireplace is ugly, too.

And the Realtor gushes about an "incredible remodel". Of course, most folks don't care about maintaining architectural integrity. Some friends did some work on their mod, put tile down over the terrazzo, took out a wall, redid the kitchen generically. Their basic thought was "it's our house, this is what we want".

And the Realtor gushes about an "incredible remodel". Of course, most folks don't care about maintaining architectural integrity. Some friends did some work on their mod, put tile down over the terrazzo, took out a wall, redid the kitchen generically. Their basic thought was "it's our house, this is what we want".

They were trying to match the McMansion across the street I guess. Another example of a clueless realtor with a listing price picked out of thin air. Too stupid to price it at sold comps. Any chance it may have had was as an original mod at a reasonable price. Look at the prices of homes that have been sitting aroun in there for a long time on the market, like that one on Gershwin for $795,000 with the perpetual for sale sign in front.

Archived