For Sale: 8 Megapixel Camera With Accessories

editor

I'm selling my old camera on eBay. Here's the link to the auction: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320398209526&ssPageName=ADME:B:EF:US:1123

IMG_13851000.jpg

This is a Sony F-828 camera kit. It's a great camera and has been a delight to use over the last few years. The only reason I'm selling it is because I've decided to go exclusively Canon, instead of having mixed brands of equipment. It will be missed.

The camera is very solid -- metal housing, not plastic. The lens is not interchangeable, so you don't have to worry about problems with dust and related mechanical failures like you do with a DSLR. The lens, itself has an unusually broad range of focal lengths; all the way from 28mm to 200mm. There's also digital zoom as an option.

The camera is 8 megpixels. It has two card bays -- Memory Stick in the base, and CompactFlash on the side -- so you don't have to bother switching cards all the time as they fill up. If you loaded up both bays with large cards you could shoot thousands of high-quality images before you'd need to unload them.

The camera takes videos. The better the card you put in it, the better the quality of the movies.

The camera has an articulated body, so you can take pictures of things high or low without having to strain -- the lens tilts up and down so you don't have to. It also has a built-in pop-up flash.

The camera is clean and functions well. It has no blemishes, scratches, or other wear marks.

Comes with the following accessories:

- PhotoCo 58mm circular polarizer

- Brand new Olympus camera strap, bought just two months ago at the duty free shop in Seoul, South Korea.

- Tulip hood

- Kenco .65x wide angle/fisheye lens

- Wired remote shutter release (also works on Sony camcorders)

- Charger (batteries charge inside the camera)

- Original battery from 2003

- New battery purchased in February, 2009

- London Fog camera bag which holds all these accessories with room to spare

For more information, ere is a link to DPReview's stats page and review of the camera: http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/specs/Sony/sony_dscf828.asp

You can see a super high resolution photo of what's included by following this link: http://web.me.com/artefaqs/filechute/IMG_1385.jpg

If you're wondering what the camera is worth, right now the camera by itself is selling USED on Amazon.com for $350. I'll start the auction for this kit, including everything listed above, at $50.

Shipping is via FedEx and includes insurance. Do not ask me to ship this postal service or something else. FedEx ONLY. This is for your protection and mine.

No international shipping. For some reason, only 5% of international bidders actually decide to pay when they find out they have to pay taxes or duties on their purchases, so I'm not dealing with overseas shipping anymore. I will ship to American addresses only.

PayPal payment is required within three days of winning this auction. If you can't pay, please don't bid. I'm tired of people winning things and then not paying for them because they didn't think they had to.

This item has sold.

I guess someone recognized a good deal when they saw it, because they hit the "Buy It Now" button just 15 minutes after I listed this item.

Whodathunkit?

Nice camera and seriously, what a quick response.

At $200, that is a very fair deal.

Archived