Shelia Jackson Lee... Really Shelia, really ?

TJones

I'll bet Farrakhan was pissed off about this photo after he found out who she was.

Going by his smile, he might have known who she was. Or maybe he was truly ignorant about her so called claim to fame and was just glad that some random pretty young thang wanted to take a photo with him. As some men get older, it appears they get happier whenever young women want to take photos with them. This may be the case with Farrakhan as it appears that he may now be a Geritol drinker. :P

i'm glad i don't know who she is.

Even if you don't know who she is (or don't want to know for that matter), it still works because Sheila is crashing a picture.

Edited by JLWM8609

sheila jackson lee is what happens when people vote based on skin color rather than character.

That's a pretty offensive statement. I vote for Shelia basically because there is never a palatable alternative. Race has nothing to do with it. You should think twice on your assumptions on why people vote as they do rather than carelessly tossing down the reverse racism card. And as far as character goes the lack thereof seems to be pretty widespread amongst many of our choices at the polls, Shelia by no means has any monopoly on this. The situation, more often than not, is hold your nose and vote for the least offensive candidate.

Edited by west20th
  • Like 1

It could be said that this post is what happens when people want to call Blacks ignorant without coming right out and saying it.

How does one explain Marion Barry getting reelected mayor of DC AFTER being convicted and serving time in federal prison for crack possession? He pleads guilty to failure to pay taxes. He then fails his drug tests. There is a role model for you.

Hell, I will come right out and say it. Some blacks are ignorant. Also, some whites, Latinos, Asians, Indians, Jews, Catholics, Muslims, Buddhists, Quakers, Irish, French, Canadians, plummers, dog catchers, teachers, Italians, Germans, South Dakotans, Californians, especially Californians. Who did I leave out?

Edited by gto250us
  • Like 1

It could be said that this post is what happens when people want to call Blacks ignorant without coming right out and saying it.

goto250us has a point. Blacks are no more ignorant than the rest of the voting public...which is to say, the majority of blacks are ignorant of politics and issues, as are non-blacks. The apparent differences in behavioral patterns amongst various members of Congress can be explained away through analysis of the cultural composition of their constituency.

How does one explain Marion Barry getting reelected mayor of DC AFTER being convicted and serving time in federal prison for crack possession? He pleads guilty to failure to pay taxes. He then fails his drug tests. There is a role model for you.

Hell, I will come right out and say it. Some blacks are ignorant. Also, some whites, Latinos, Asians, Indians, Jews, Catholics, Muslims, Buddhists, Quakers, Irish, French, Canadians, plummers, dog catchers, teachers, Italians, Germans, South Dakotans, Californians, especially Californians. Who did I leave out?

Hmmmmmmmm, who knew dogcatcher was a race ?

I don't see where he called blacks ignorant. That seems to be coming from you. Perhaps he was implying minorities are less educated in which a strong case could be made by looking at test scores and drop-out rates at various schools. It does not mean they are less capable of learning than others just that the environment is different and many lack family values with emphasis on education. I agree there seems to be a greater disparity of blacks that vote based on candidates color more so than other races. Marian Barry is a good example along with Ray Naigan.  I understand the African American solidarity but clearly those candidates were obviously not chosen for their leadership. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...