HAIF-HD Upgrade

editor

:(:(

I'm sorry. I've used Ad Blocker on Firefox for the longest time.

Well, every time you visit HAIF you take money out of my pocket. Every page you view costs me money unless you're a subscriber, or looking at ads.

Maybe someday I'll swing by your job and make things harder for you so you lose money and we'll see how you like it.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, every time you visit HAIF you take money out of my pocket. Every page you view costs me money unless you're a subscriber, or looking at ads.

Maybe someday I'll swing by your job and make things harder for you so you lose money and we'll see how you like it.

Well, I obviously did not know all of that. I generally hate seeing ads, which is why I downloaded it. Is there a way that I can make an exception for HAIF with my AdBlocker, I do I have to take down the whole thing?

The easiest thing to do would be to become a subscriber. :)

I'm probably late to the party with this, but is there a way (under New Content) to add back the topic originator/starter? There are a few on here whose posts I enjoy reading, and it is nice to know when they start new topics.

I was going to PM this to you. Your box is full or you have blocked ushappy.gif I decided to post....

I think the new makeup is great. I know that there are those who are having issues. Go figure! People who spend a bunch of time online, not being able to adapt to a change in technology.

I thank you for maintaining this forum. After viewing the Dallas forum (in response to IronTiger's recent query), I really appreciate the organization you have given to this venue. Functionally, the ability to extract queries on what's happening around town is great.

Also, from big posters like Niche and Red, to the more modest like me, to any, new daily signer, this is a good community. Useful conversation or not, it's a good place to spend time.

You should never look to what you have not acheived. There are many who look to what you have done here.

Thank you, [E]

I'm probably late to the party with this, but is there a way (under New Content) to add back the topic originator/starter? There are a few on here whose posts I enjoy reading, and it is nice to know when they start new topics.

It's probably possible. But we're starting to get into areas that are beyond my coding knowledge. Still, I'll put it on the list and look into it.

I was going to PM this to you. Your box is full or you have blocked ushappy.gif I decided to post....

That's strange. My control panel says my box is only 64% full. And RedScare PMed me yesterday with no problem. I'll have to look into that.

I think the new makeup is great. I know that there are those who are having issues. Go figure! People who spend a bunch of time online, not being able to adapt to a change in technology.

I thank you for maintaining this forum. After viewing the Dallas forum (in response to IronTiger's recent query), I really appreciate the organization you have given to this venue. Functionally, the ability to extract queries on what's happening around town is great.

I saw IronTiger's thread, too; and also followed the link. I was really surprised by what was there. It was like a bunch of kids on a playground throwing sand at each other. The next time I think the HAIFers are getting out of hand, I'm going to visit that Dallas forum and get a reality adjustment.

Also, from big posters like Niche and Red, to the more modest like me, to any, new daily signer, this is a good community. Useful conversation or not, it's a good place to spend time.

You should never look to what you have not acheived. There are many who look to what you have done here.

Thank you, [E]

Thanks for the kind words; from you, and from the many others who have posted in this thread and sent me personal e-mails. I really appreciate it.

I don't know if this has been asked already, since there are now 10 pages of responses, but,

Is there a link to "view recent posts" like there was in the old site. That's the first place I would visit on the old site.

If there is I can't find it in the new site.

adios

------------------------------------------------------

Never mind. I think I just found it. It looks like it's located in the drop down menu next to our names, top left side of the screen page.

Thx

I don't know if this has been asked already, since there are now 10 pages of responses, but,

Is there a link to "view recent posts" like there was in the old site. That's the first place I would visit on the old site.

adios

Never mind. I think I just found it. It looks like it's located in the drop down menu next to our names, top left side of the screen page.

Thx

It's also the button called "New", just to the right of the weather icon.

I'm getting settled in more...

Would be nice to have the old "mark forums read" style where the "new" results list is cleared out. Also, someone mentioned this earlier I believe, but having thread subtitles shown in the results would also be neat.

I sure like the new format, cuz I can actually post now! When I finally decided to join last month (after lurking for a couple of years), it wouldn't let me log in, and they kept telling me it was a problem with my computer (which didn't seem likely, as I've never had any trouble with any other message boards). Now, all of a sudden, everything works. Cool!

OK. This works now. It actually does more than I previously thought.

Facebook integration activated. You can now link your HAIF and Facebook accounts. When you update your status on Facebook, it will update in your profile on HAIF. When you update your user picture on Facebook it will update your avatar on HAIF (or maybe your profile picture, I'm not sure which). New members can now login with their Facebook account instead of creating a separate HAIF account.

Hey Wayne, I have been poking around my profile, and can't seem to find this feature to link the accounts.

Please help when you get the chance.

Thanks!

I like the "new" tab so much that I un-bookmarked HAIF-NOW and I'm using the new tab instead. Nice feature, IMO.

Mildly curious about the Facebook link, but I think I'm more interested in preserving my anonymity. Don't want the paparazzi all over me.

adios

Thx

Apropos of that, if you are trying to get to your drop down menu and you accidentally hit "Sign Out," it will break the new content feature when you sign back in. It will assume your last visit was a few seconds ago. Click carefully when aiming for that drop down menu, or hit the "New" link next to the radar screen.

New Feature: Mobile HAIF

post-1-1246813943581_thumb.png

If you have an iPhone, iPod Touch, or Blackberry you can simply point your browser to the regular HAIF address to get a version of the web site specially formatted for your device. No special URL. And threads you click in HAIF:Now on your mobile device will automagically open in the mobile version.

This is more powerful than the former Diet HAIF. That was a read-only experience. With HAIF Mobile you can log in, start threads, post replies, and many other functions you'd expect from your computer. And yes, the bandwidth has been reduced for people on EDGE and GPRS connections.

I want the icon!

How do I get it?

Well, I obviously did not know all of that.

Why do you think companies put ads on their web sites? To dress them up? To give them more color and make them pretty?

I generally hate seeing ads, which is why I downloaded it. Is there a way that I can make an exception for HAIF with my AdBlocker, I do I have to take down the whole thing?

I couldn't tell you. I don't use an ad blocker.

The easiest thing to do would be to become a subscriber. :)

I wish it was that simple. But in the software upgrade, the function to become a subscriber has been removed. It's supposed to be released as a separate module next week. What a mess!

I think someone else mentioned this. It's already on my list.

I'm getting settled in more...

Would be nice to have the old "mark forums read" style where the "new" results list is cleared out. Also, someone mentioned this earlier I believe, but having thread subtitles shown in the results would also be neat.

Added to the big list of complaints I'm going to forward to the developer.

The "Back to Top" button acts like I clicked on a link becuase it loads, and then it goes to the top of the page. It's not instant like the old one. Once again, just me or everyone else too?

It's instant for me. But what you describe can happen if the page hasn't fully loaded when you click it.

Any chance we can get the page numbers next to the thread title on the main page?

Thread titles aren't displayed on the main page. Do you mean the View New Content page? If so, it's already on the list.

Hey Wayne, I have been poking around my profile, and can't seem to find this feature to link the accounts.

Please help when you get the chance.

Thanks!

My Settings > Profile > Manage Facebook Connect

or

My Profile > Edit My Profile > Manage Facebook Connect

I like the "new" tab so much that I un-bookmarked HAIF-NOW and I'm using the new tab instead. Nice feature, IMO.

Mildly curious about the Facebook link, but I think I'm more interested in preserving my anonymity. Don't want the paparazzi all over me.

There are about five or six items in there you can turn on or off depending on your level of comfort.

And, of course, once you link your HAIF and Facebook accounts, de-linking them is as easy as clicking a deactivate button.

My Settings > Profile > Manage Facebook Connect

or

My Profile > Edit My Profile > Manage Facebook Connect

Thanks, is there an option to comment on status updates, like facebook, or am I pushing it?

What happened to the google map for each topic?

As mentioned elsewhere in this thread, the map function was a pretty major modification (OK, probably not for a professional coder, but it was a big deal for me).

I'm going to wait until everything settles down a little before I add it back in.

Archived