Body shop recommendations, please.

hadooga

IMG_3825b.jpgIMG_3822b.jpg

I'm guessing someone tried to break into the car? Window is a bit scratched, as well. Does anyone have recs for a body shop? I found a few older threads and saw Metropolitan Collision mentioned more than once. Also, anyone have any idea what the cost on fixing something like this might be? I'm hoping I can just take care of it myself and not have to file an insurance claim.

That looks like some careless person allowed something to roll away, or in some way allowed something to hit your car. That or you got an enemy. I don't think anyone tried to break in. A simple wedge and pop of a large screwdriver and your window is shattered, and its very easy to do as a friend of mine found out when he got robbed last year. This doesn't look like that... unless the thief was blind.

This looks minor, so having a world class body shop might be extreme, but if this is a newer car I know how you feel. Currently my car is supposed to get repaired at a place called US Auto Connection up on W. 20th Street... but I had a major collision and frame damage and it may end up just being totaled.

You might be able to get away taking it to Macco, though I hear bad things about them from time to time. Whatever shops you find, its good to always call and see what they have to say. If they give you great service over the phone like they care and genuinely want your business, its a good sign. I don't think the cost will break your bank, so sometimes better not to involve your insurance. Brownie points for when something happens major and you haven't had to "bug" them in a long time over little stuff.

It depends. How picky are you? I had a minor dent like this hammered out by a guy housed in a garage on the west side of the Star Motor campus on Old Katy. It would be likely that he would need to take the interior door panel off to do his work. If anything, it's fun to have someone fix your car in a garage full of $150k plus Aston Martins and Lotuses.

Not sure about how they are nowadays, but about four years ago I had body work done at US Auto Connections and they did an a-w-f-u-l job..

Supposedly they are really good now, and have won a BBB award in 2008. Maybe they went under new management and improved their service? Or invested in all the new fancy tools as they claim to have now and improved there? I'm not sure about 4 years ago but for everything recent I've heard a ton more good than bad. If my car isn't considered totaled and they do fix it I will be sure to report back on this thread and the original thread I posted about my accident and let you all know how they did.

Archived