Infomercial King Billy Mays Found Dead

Jeebus

They have to be kidding... all of a sudden celebrities are dropping like flies. Its weird, I just watched an episode of Pitchmen a few days ago.

This was one hazard in leaving the TV on while you fall asleep, and all of a sudden a Billy Mays infomercial comes on with elevated volume: "BILLY MAYS HERE FOR OXICLEAN!" and you are jarred from an otherwise peaceful sleep.

I saw him at the Conan O'Brien show and he looked healthy. Sad. He was a very young daughter, too.

I suspect a slow brain bleed:

Mays, 50, was on board a US Airways flight that blew out its front tires as it landed at a Tampa airport on Saturday, MyFOXTampa.com reported.

US Airways spokesman Jim Olson said that none of the 138 passengers and five crew members were injured in the incident, but several passengers reported having bumps and bruises, according to the station.

Authorities have not said whether Mays' death was related to the incident.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,529328,00.html

I guess I believe it now. Once again tis sad.

Although he was loud, his infomercial pitches were never annoying to me (unless it was 3am, like I said), usually they were just amusing.

Makes you wonder if that incident on the plane was to blame or if it was just a freak thing. Strange, he was also 50, just like MJ.

It sure sounds like it was the plane incident... they said he wasn't wearing his seat belt and did in fact hit his head... he said himself he hit his head... could very well be something similar to what happened to Natasha Richardson.

Makes you think about all of the times you hit your head in your life and never did anything about it.

It sure sounds like it was the plane incident... they said he wasn't wearing his seat belt and did in fact hit his head... he said himself he hit his head... could very well be something similar to what happened to Natasha Richardson.

They have now retracted that part...

I don't think he's really dead. I've seen him on TV three times today all ready. :)

RIP, I'll miss all the cheap crap i can now by at CVS...Mighty putty, Oxi Clean, Simonize...Chiller had tons of 3 min long infomercials.

I think Billy got hit on the head by some overhead luggage during a rough landing. Appeared to be fine, he said he was fine, then a little while later, an Aneurism or bleeding on the brain.

How dare Billy try to steal some of MJ's thunder..............."AND THAT'S NOT ALL !!!"

I think Billy got hit on the head by some overhead luggage during a rough landing. Appeared to be fine, he said he was fine, then a little while later, an Aneurism or bleeding on the brain.

How dare Billy try to steal some of MJ's thunder..............."AND THAT'S NOT ALL !!!"

So who's next.

I pick Donald Trump. . . anyone anyone?

Nope, gonna be someone younger than 50 and female.

She's not younger than 50 and I don't want her dead, but can we get Sheila Jackson Lee a frontal lobotomy? It would kill the camera seeking portion of her.

Paris Hilton maybe?

I hope they conclude what killed Billy soon. Its scary to think you could get a bump on the head and end up dead.

Dude, that happens ALOT ! only celebs get a blurb on TMZ though. That's why there is a "concussion clause" in the NFL.

Paris Hilton maybe?

I hope they conclude what killed Billy soon. Its scary to think you could get a bump on the head and end up dead.

Concussion maybe? I learned you can die in your sleep if you have one. Thank George Lopez for teaching that to me. ;)

Unlike Mike Jackson... I am really sorry to see Billy go. I just started watching "Pitchmen" on Discovery... and started to gain a new respect for those guys.

His love for chicken wings probably had more to do with his death than the hard landing.

Unlike Mike Jackson... I am really sorry to see Billy go.

Ditto.

Guess I've gotta turn in my "Child of the 80's" membership card.

And you're right, "Pitchmen" is surprisingly entertaining.

Archived