Sign in to follow this  
Highway6

Michael Jackson 1958-2009

So when are we going to have dead celebrities forum. :P

We sure have enough interest and content to sustain one?

How about we get rid of the Museum District Forum and replace it with this one to conserve space, it has been collecting dust for over 3 weeks now. :D

• Like 2

Sheila Jackson Lee from Houston at the memorial...

She really is a publicity whore isn't she.

Can anyone tell me what special reason she had to be invited to that?

• Like 2

I would have a lot to say about MJ, mostly bad, since there's already enough people who idolize him, but seeing his daughter cry made me forget about the molester he is/isn't because Michael was someones dad, so even if we don't respect him, we should at least respect his children...... :unsure:

• Like 2

She really is a publicity whore isn't she.

Can anyone tell me what special reason she had to be invited to that?

Yes, I can, a few years ago she had MJ and a few African Nationals in her office in Washington to discuss some type of......OH well, here's the story.

http://www.accessmylibrary.com/coms2/summary_0286-20894929_ITM

BTW, I would love it if my daughter could have the same chance as Paris Jackson did, and at my funeral, be able to tell the WHOLE FRIGGIN' WORLD, what a great father I was and how much she loved me. I am soooo sad for her, I wish I could make Paris' pain go away.

I don't know what to make of you MJ, but I hope you can rest in peace now, knowing that for all your troubles and all the speculation, that ONE person truly loved you, unconditionally.

Edited by TJones
  • Like 2

I would have a lot to say about MJ, mostly bad, since there's already enough people who idolize him, but seeing his daughter cry made me forget about the molester he is/isn't because Michael was someones dad, so even if we don't respect him, we should at least respect his children...... :unsure:

Nobody ought to get special consideration just because they got someone pregnant.

• Like 1

BTW, I would love it if my daughter could have the same chance as Paris Jackson did, and at my funeral, be able to tell the WHOLE FRIGGIN' WORLD, what a great father I was and how much she loved me. I am soooo sad for her, I wish I could make Paris' pain go away.

I don't know what to make of you MJ, but I hope you can rest in peace now, knowing that for all your troubles and all the speculation, that ONE person truly loved you, unconditionally.

Even though it was NOT a funeral, it was a memorial, i agree.

Who puts a child through that much pain just to make a bunch of viewers shed a tear.

It almost seemed as though the forced her to say it......since they crowded around in the end, and even after she said her dad was the best, they still stood there wanting her to say more.....

Edited by citizen4rmptown

Where else could you have an accused rapist while he was married and a man with HIV because he cheated on his wife 1000+ times? Also a reverend that has 10+ illegitimate children celebrate a man who abused drugs and was an accused child molester.... I know the key word was accused, not convicted but is it a coincidence how a circle of people find a way to be connected? Similar to politics....

Edited by Ethanra
  • Like 1

Can't Sheila be a better steward of her time and our money? I'm glad Nancy decided not to go forward with this. Mike was a great artist, but that's all he was. There are tons of people more deserving of that honor she wanted to give him.

http://blogs.chron.com/txpotomac/2009/07/pelosi_nixes_jackson_lee_resol.html

Can't Sheila be a better steward of her time and our money?

It's all about sheila jackson lee.

• Like 1

Yesterday on 610 radio, Kevin Bass (former Astro) said there have been about 12 suicides by people in response to the news that Michael Jackson died.

Have yall heard or read that anywhere?

edit: Finally found an article...

A dozen Michael Jackson fans have committed suicide after learning their icon has passed away. And hundreds more are reportedly having thoughts about ending their lives because the grief is too much to bear.

http://www.hollyscoop.com/michael-jackson/michael-jackson-fans-committing-suicide_20744.aspx

Edited by lockmat

theres no point in an argument so all i have to say is "minus 1"

Oh, is that what the point system is for, avoiding sensitive topics and arguments you can't win by declaring victory and shutting up? I didn't realize.

• Like 3

Michael Jackson, hmm. Oh, he passed away? Interesting talent was he.

And by the way, I was born in the same city of Gary, Indiana, like he.

St. Mary's Mercy Hospital for me. I don't know what establishment he was born in though. I think he was born

in his home.

For years, I've stared (and still do) at pictures of my once proud hometown on the east side of Chicago.

The boarded up Dairy Queen near Aetna, Dunes Bowling Alley, Horace Mann High (my aunties went there) and some places off Broadway, where my grandpa once had his Aikido dojo circa 1965-1975. Seeing all that...kinda makes me feel

goosebumps of yesteryear. When I was an 8 year old kid back in 1976 cycling around my hometown...would I have ever thought my special childhood places would be photographed and put into archival sights like "abandonedbutnotforgotten.com?" Indeed, Mercy Hospital has been boarded up as well. I was born there, my grandma worked in the pharmacy there...

I wonder if the enchanting Chinese-American restaurant Ming-Ling's is still open in Gary.

I always made the effort to go back to Gary, despite my limited time and resources. And no more relatives in its city limits, they being in Chicago or nearby Hammond now (but mostly in Houston and Florida). Been back three times in 1986, 1988 and 1996.

Michael Jackson? I heard he left in 1970. Didn't go back until 2003? I understand he had words of love for our Steel Town. Yeah, I bet. 30 year absence despite his resources and presumable time. He still has relatives in the city limits too. There are those in Gary, Indiana who do express the disappointment over being deprived of the Pop King's presence all those decades.

Still, when the Jackson Family used to walk around downtown Gary before they left, I wonder if they ever noticed my grandpa's Aikido dojo on Broadway...though I've never heard that they went in or anything. Probably not known as a martial family or anything anyway. Grandpa's school was endorsed by the great Sensei Koichi Tohei, kinda of an active place in those days.

Speaking of those days in Gary...my Filipino-American family who had a campaign party for Mayor Richard Hatcher back in the mid 70s, first black city leader in the Steel Town, in fact Indiana. They were doing the balloons and food...I told my mom, "Mom, I wanna see the mayor!" I woke up the next day, with all the leftover food and balloons...turns out I fell asleep. The days of my grandfolks' house on that cute little hill in the lovely Miller neighborhood. Social nirvana of the 1970s, man. I remember. My brothers and buds don't seem to recall much except Banana Splits ("one banana, two banana, three banana four...").

Karl Malden (R.I.P. to you to too, Mr. Streets of San Francisco), Morgan Freeman...other guys from the Steel Town.

Edited by worldlyman
  • Like 2

Anyone else going to the Michael Jackson IMMORTAL show, Cirque Du Soleil?

I am going to the first show Friday 2/10/2012.

No idea how this will compare to their other musical act themed show, The Beatles: LOVE

Anyone, not from Houston, seen the show yet?