Chron redesign

Did Chron.com just launch a sneaky redesign tonight? I'm not sure if I care for different shades of army green compared to the old orange and blue.

EDIT: the mobile version is still orange, but the website is definitely some weird shade of green Starfleet logo.

Oh, bless their hearts. They tried... :rolleyes:

But...yeah. It's still pretty retina-scorching. And don't get me started on their incredibly shoddy search features or the fact that they constantly move articles and change the basename, so any articles you link to that are more than a few weeks old don't work anymore.

I don't think there is anything intrinsically good or bad about the new design or the old design, I just don't see why the new one is any better, so why change it up? Seems kind of silly to me, but it's not going to stop me from reading the paper... LOL

I don't think there is anything intrinsically good or bad about the new design or the old design, I just don't see why the new one is any better, so why change it up? Seems kind of silly to me, but it's not going to stop me from reading the paper... LOL

Google spends millions of dollars running studies on what shade of blue is the correct one to use for their website... Im not saying thats a good idea or bad, but they didnt get where they are for no reason.

Maybe the chron thinks this "refresh" will increase traffic.... who knows.

Looks the same to me. Shows how much I care about color scheme.

What they really need is improvement on content delivery. Stuff like hover over a headline and you get a brief synopsis. That, and online word jumble.

Archived