Seven Riverway: Multifamily At 7 Riverway

Gary

Cool.

I think the Riverway Complex is one of the more overlooked mixed-use developments in the city. I think people just see it and think it's just the northern portion of Uptown.

This will add a nice touch to the area that is alread populated with condo towers and office towers.

• Like 1

I know it's on the fringe, but I don't really consider Riverway to be a part of the Uptown district. There is too much of a visual buffer between the main highrises that make up Uptown and those that make up the community of high rises along Woodway.

But hey, maybe the Redstone's construction will mark the beginning of the end of all that.

• Like 1

According to the article posted in the HBJ, it will look similar to the Sabine Street Lofts. The Sabine is not a bad project IMO, but it's facade consists of brick. Personally, I am not at all a fan of brick highrises in Uptown or the Riverway areas of Houston. It just doesn't fit well to me. More than likely this 21 story building will have a very similar styled brick facade instead of a much preferred glass or other type of stoned exterior. But who knows, maybe this will grow on me at some point.

i believe its going to look something comparable to 1200 post oak with a touch of lofts at post oak. keep in mind that article was written a couple of years ago..

also, the reason no one developed the site is due to a reluctant seller. remember the house that was sitting there and seemed waaaaaaay out of place? because it sat up on a hill, it never flooded while the rest of riverway looked washed out.

That church was just profiled in my Civil Engineering magazine. Wonderful project. The Riverway area is quite a good example of "urban" design.

Office, retail, restaurants, and condos.

There is some crazy new construction on Briar Hollow Lane, in what could be Houston's oddest street.

It's a two lane dead-end built out to the max. Anyone who wants to live like London or New York should live here.

You can tell at one time there were only two homes back here. One is a groovy mod that drops down to the bayou and Memorial Park. Prime lot, even if it is on the other side of the RR tracks from River Oaks.

But now there are a ton of people living on a single dead end street.

One of the owners even put up signs saying how dangerous it will be if there was ever a fire, need for EMS, etc.

??

I know the area but it doesn't really apply to the proposed structure at Riverway.

Gary, are you talking about the crane on the East side of memorial park along the bayou. That would be the crane for the Orion Towers. I haven't passed through Riverway in while to see if a crane is there are where the Hanover location is.