Guessing Game 08

Porchman

Ottawa, ON, Soviet Canuckistan.

We have a winnner! But we don't need the negative characterizations...ya know? ^_^

PARLIAMENT

Parliament-Ottawa.jpg

THE CHATEAU LAURIER HOTEL

OttawaChateauLaurierViewFromRideauL.jpg

THE SKYLINE

downtown-ottawa-day.jpg

ICE SKATING ON THE RIDEAU CANAL

hgg8-8.jpg

PARLIMENT HILL FROM A DISTANCE ALONG THE OTTAWA RIVER

hgg8-9.jpg

Other pics included the Tulip Festival, the Byward Market, Parliament Hill from the terrace of the Chateau Laurier, and the National Gallery. I also thought of putting in the distinctive Museum of Western Civilization, but technically that's in Gatineau, on the Quebec side of the River.

Well, I didn't say that I wanted you to open the floodgates.

Still, I would have never guessed, and I work for a Canadian company.

I guess we could consider this the secret jewel of the North American Continent.

Thanks!

Wow, I would have never guessed. I've driven by Ottawa but never stopped. Sorry I missed it.

BTW, the jewel of North America has to be Quebec City.

really?? I guess I should visit. The only places in Canada I've been are Vancouver and Vancouver Island, which I completely loved. Do a lot of Americans visit Canada, other than those living near the border? I've always wondered. It just never seems to get pushed up to the top of my travel list. Hmmm. While it's 100 degrees here, Quebec could be the perfect summer long weekend.

That hotel is something else.

That hotel is fantastic if you have a Parliament view room and .7 USD=1 CAD. It's particularly fantastic if you've just spent five days in the woods with Quebecoise mosquitoes. (They hum in an odd way, and you swear they're griping that they're not really Canadian mosquitoes ^_^ ).

really?? I guess I should visit. The only places in Canada I've been are Vancouver and Vancouver Island, which I completely loved. Do a lot of Americans visit Canada, other than those living near the border? I've always wondered. It just never seems to get pushed up to the top of my travel list. Hmmm. While it's 100 degrees here, Quebec could be the perfect summer long weekend.

Yep, Quebec City is a jewel to discover. The old city is completely walled. Quebec City also just celebrated her 400th Birthday last year (1608-2008). Great architecture, French culture, hills/mountains, and the mega St Lawrence River. I had NO IDEA when I went there for the first time in my freshman year of college. It was about a 5 hour drive from where I went to school in NY state.

QuebecCity48.jpg

QuebecCity56.jpg

QuebecCity01.jpg

QuebecCity59.jpg

QuebecCity18.jpg

QuebecCity38.jpg

QuebecCity40.jpg

QuebecCity45.jpg

QuebecCity25.jpg

QuebecCity13.jpg

QuebecCity17.jpg

QuebecCity24.jpg