Home At 10630 Olympia Dr.

zoyort

amazing mod in walnut bend...flat roof, terrazzo...featured in 1960 Parade of Homes (see previous hou mod discussion threads)

i haven't listed it yet...would prefer to sell to a mod lover. heartbroken to have to leave. call or email me if you would like more info or to view house.

robyn arouty

robyn@project71.com

post-1285-1245324199_thumb.jpg

amazing mod in walnut bend...flat roof, terrazzo...featured in 1960 Parade of Homes (see previous hou mod discussion threads)

i haven't listed it yet...would prefer to sell to a mod lover. heartbroken to have to leave. call or email me if you would like more info or to view house.

robyn arouty

robyn@project71.com

I drive by this house nearly everyday on my way to work. It looks beautiful and contrasts nicely with the rest of the neighborhood.

ah, thank you. if you click "options" & "linear" you can see the entire thread...

btw, i did have a chance to speak to bob pine, the builder, before he died...he said the architect was either harwood taylor or william jenkins. also, had a visit from the original owner's son who still lives closeby...he gave me a really groovy photo of the house right after it was built in 1959.

Walnut Bend has some really special homes in it, wish it was appreciated more, for them. I've always heard of WB mentioned in the Parade of Homes lists. One of my relatives actually lived in a Spanish styled one, when the neighborhood was new, when I was young, had a lasting impression on me. The floorplan has always been one of my favorites, had a sunken living room, terrazzo floors, it was beautiful, as is your mod. Hope you find a buyer who loves it, as much as you do.

Edited by NenaE

i am very touched by the support of this forum...won't get too gushy or i might start to cry & lord knows i've done enough of that lately...but i did want to let y'all know that your appreciation of the house & its future means a lot to me.

robyn

Walnut Bend has some really special homes in it, wish it was appreciated more, for them. I've always heard of WB mentioned in the Parade of Homes lists. One of my relatives actually lived in a Spanish styled one, when the neighborhood was new, when I was young, had a lasting impression on me. The floorplan has always been one of my favorites, had a sunken living room, terrazzo floors, it was beautiful, as is your mod. Hope you find a buyer who loves it, as much as you do.

i am very touched by the support of this forum...won't get too gushy or i might start to cry & lord knows i've done enough of that lately...but i did want to let y'all know that your appreciation of the house & its future means a lot to me.

robyn

Looks like a perfect house for lots of loving dogs.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • The title was changed to Home At 10630 Olympia Dr.