new trash collection routes for N Houston areas

Arivechi

From an e-mail I received today:

"In continuing efforts to improve service and maximize taxpayer dollars, we have re-routed select areas in North Houston for Automated Garbage Collection and Yard Trimmings Collection. The purpose of the re-route is to balance routes for more efficient and speedy service. The new service days will become effective Monday, June 29th, 2009.

We thank you for your assistance in this transition. Please remind your neighbors if you don't see their garbage carts out on the new service day. Your Recycling as well as your Tree Waste/Junk Waste day will not be changing.

We have prepared and mailed information to homes in North Houston who will have a new service day. You may also view the "North Re-Route" page on our website and review the service days in your area. Only areas detailed on this map were affected by the change of schedule.

http://www.houstontx.gov/solidwaste/northreroute.html

For additional information, visit our website at www.houstonsolidwaste.org, or call the City of Houston Customer Service line 3-1-1."

link to the map pdf

Yeah, pretty much the entire Heights area is changing from Monday pickup to Thursday pickup. Trash and yard waste is the only thing changing. Monthly heavy trash day stays the same, as does biweekly recycle pickup. So, now instead of all my pickups on Monday, I have heavy trash on the 3rd Monday, recycle bin on every other Monday, and trash and yard waste on Thursday. I'll never remember all that. :(

Archived