Where's My Vote / Why Am I Stuck In Traffic?

Pumapayam

Sorry for the long post, just a simple copy and paste.

It serves as an invitation for those that want to participate, or a fair warning for those that don't want to be stuck in traffic much longer than normal in the Uptown Houston area.

You've been invited/warned! :P

Description

To protest against the fraudulent result of the presidential election, and the use of force to establish an illegitimate government in Iran, all Iranians and non-Iranians are gathering in Houston (exact location to be determined). Let our words be heard by people around the world and let them know that Ahmadinejad is NOT our president.

Please invite your friends and spread the words.

NOTES:

1- Please do not bring any flags, loudspeakers or horns.

2- This is an independent rally and is not sponsored by any political parties.

3- Preferred Dress code is either Green or White Tshirt.

4- This protest will be covered by major world-wide media.

Write your slogans in English.

5- Students from schools in Houston and other Texas cities will be joining us as well.

-----------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------

Update: 3:00AM June 15th, 2009

Dear all,

Since the most important goal of this rally is to protest against the behavior of the government in the last few days, it is crucial to stay focused in our slogans. Therefore, while everyone could bring his/her own slogan, it would be great to make sure it is based on one of the following ideas. There are a few punch lines we want to deliver with our rally and through our slogans. So it is to our best advantage to focus our slogans on following key points and avoid distraction to help deliver our message to the world.

1) Ahmadinejad government has carried out a huge fraud that engineered the election results well before the election was happening.

Sample slogans:

-Ahmadinejad: The Big Liar!

-Ahmadinejad is NOT our president!

-Ahmadinejad, you are a shame to us!

-Where is our votes?

2) What we are observing in Iran is virtually a coup. Government with support of supreme leader is using all of their police, militia, and intelligence forces to carry out a coup against all opposition parties in Iran and establish a new system without any -even small-sign of democracy. More than 100 politicians and journalist have been arrested in the recent days. Mir Hossein Mousavi under house-arrest and extreme pressure and can not communicate with his supporters.

Sample slogans:

-We wanted an election, we got a coup detat

-Ahmadinejad = Pinochet

-We don

Political Awareness/Courtesy Bump for today.

Again, you've been invited/warned. :doh:

If you have somewhere to be/or drive home along that route this afternoon, leave extra time and care to get to your destination.

It will likely be a parking lot at that intersection. Think holiday shopping traffic X 10.

I left my Post Oak building at 4:30 and drove right through the intersection as per usual. Saw four protestors, who looked to be no more Iranian than I am.

As demonstrations go, the May Day one from a few years back was better.

It really did not pick up until closer to 6 p.m, but I expected more people too.

Plenty of new blurbs about it last night with videos.

KTRK Story

KHOU Story

KRIV Story

Archived