Comfort Wipe Commercial

Another gem from the infomercial

It's embarrassing for someone to help you with your personal matters. The Comfort Wipe allows you to maintain your dignity, while you maintain your personal hygiene

Plus, if you want the other piece a plastic, the Get A Grip, which together is a $50 value, for only $19.95.

Really, a $50 value. . .!?!?

But the Get A Grip is actually also $19.95, and you get 2 of them, and you also pay $7.99 shipping and handling. Wow, that's a lot for a little.

But is it a $40 value on the Comfort Wipe site.

ComfortWipe.jpg

I don't get it. Is this for "forward-aft" usage or "aft-forward"? Who needs an additional 18 inches to do this? So much for maintaining your dignity. Dignity is the last thing this product provides!

Is it me or is that thing angled the wrong way? I can't imagine trying to use it - and I really can't see how it would help anyone with impaired motion. It might help you avoid dirty toilet paper, but I bet half the time you'd wind up with a dirty Comfort Wipe

I'm also pretty sure that toilet paper has improved greatly since the 1880's :)

Well, as late as the 1890's they were using corn cobbs and sears rosebuck catalogs. It was only after sears started to make the pages non absorbant is when toilet paper started to catch on..1910's?

I was always curious about the seashell thing.

Well, as late as the 1890's they were using corn cobbs and sears rosebuck catalogs.

According to this article, the "Monkey Ward" catalog was also one of choice.

http://www.texasescapes.com/AllThingsHisto...housesBB903.htm

I found this while researching WPA projects. Who would've thought outhouses were part of the WPA projects too?

^I have been cataloging WPA/PWA projects in Houston, and there's a pretty good article in Houston Review about them if you haven't seen it already (I'll have to get the volume/date).

Plus, if you want the other piece a plastic, the Get A Grip, which together is a $50 value, for only $19.95.

Really, a $50 value. . .!?!?

So the grip is an additional bathroom convenience! When I first saw your post, I thought it might be for keeping balance while using the stick.

Is it me or is that thing angled the wrong way? I can't imagine trying to use it - and I really can't see how it would help anyone with impaired motion. It might help you avoid dirty toilet paper, but I bet half the time you'd wind up with a dirty Comfort Wipe

Yeah, I don't think I'd do well with this plastic stick. Reminds me of what they were saying about the spacewalking astronauts who were trying to remove all those screws on the Hubble...they compared working through the spacesuit to working with boxing gloves on.

I don't think I'd be very successful at wiping my rear end with boxing gloves on.

I think it's much less messy to use my hands than some other foreign object.

I always thought the whole purpose of toilet paper was to dissolve and not clog indoor plumbing. Its creation was a direct result of the wider acceptance of w.c.'s in place of outhouses. Cleaning ability and/or comfort was not originally the concern.

The reason why the Sears and Wards catalogs were popular was because the paper was very, very thin and the books were very thick, so you had a good supply of cheap, "softer" paper.

According to this article, the "Monkey Ward" catalog was also one of choice.

http://www.texasescapes.com/AllThingsHisto...housesBB903.htm

I found this while researching WPA projects. Who would've thought outhouses were part of the WPA projects too?

That's funny, JLWM8609 and sevfiv, I have been studying the WPA subject, lately. But never saw anything about outhouses. As a kid, I was always courious about the apts. (public housing projects) that all looked alike...San Felipe Courts, Kelley Courts, etc. The "army barrack looking ones" (by Pasadena Foleys & in Sam Houston Gardens) on the Southeast side always caught my eye, as well.

As for the toilet handle thing, I laughed in disbelief & thought "how strange"...think the French fountain rinsing idea is probably the best... :lol:

So the grip is an additional bathroom convenience! When I first saw your post, I thought it might be for keeping balance while using the stick.

But wait, there's more!

I'd like to see a de-lux model with a fluid well that provides a lightly fragrant, cleansing mist.

A butt swiffer, if you will.

I like the toilet paper commercial with the bears that have dingle-berries :lol:

What is it with that ad? My BF bought that toilet paper because he liked the commercial, now I am forbidden to get any other kind. He still will yell across the house that the "butt-crumb bears are on tv."

Archived