Memorial 203

Stratford 302

CyFair has 2

ClearLake only has 1.

Klein has 1

http://www.newsweek.com/id/201160/?s=houst...p;q=2009/rank/1

Local average rankings based on Children at Risk's Yearly Rankings

Edited by Highway6

Houston - 12 total (top ranked YES Prep at #80)

Houston has more than 12... you also have to run searches on Bellaire, Sugarland, Missouri City among others to get all the local districts.

Positions #1 and #2 went to Dallas schools.

Both charter or magnet schools.. which I know Newsweek counted them, but this seems like cheating to me... I wouldn't count them anymore than I would count YES Prep or HSPVA.

Edited by Highway6

I think what he meant by "Houston" was "Houston ISD"

Likewise what is meant by "Katy" here is "Katy ISD." In terms of the actual City of Katy, the only comprehensive high school (Katy HS) in the city is on the list.

Bellaire is HISD, and it isnt included in the 12 since its not in the City of Houston...

He meant what comes up under Houston the city in the Newsweek searchable databases... it doesnt let you search by ISD.

Not to mention, there's no way he nor anyone would mean to say there are 12 HISD schools in the national top 1500.

Edited by Highway6

Likewise what is meant by "Katy" here is "Katy ISD." In terms of the actual City of Katy, the only comprehensive high school (Katy HS) in the city is on the list.

I (she) did mean the city of Houston, since you can search by city, not school district on the Newsweek site.

Thanks for picking out the stats for the rest of the city's schools, Highway6. As usual, we keep having to remind Katy that this isn't a Katycentric universe. :rolleyes:

On a side note... STRATFORD SPARTANS! WOO! *ahem* :P

That's why it was posted in the Katy subforum. Who pee'd in your cornflakes? Why don't you go eat something :lol:

• The title was changed to 4 Katy High Schools Make Newsweek Top 1500 For 2009