Say No To Fiesta Until They Say Yes To Mams House Of Ice

I just had my first MAMS HOUSE OF ICE snoball and I fear it may be my last. Mam's opened May 29th and the community is in love with the little blue building that houses some of the most decadent and wholesome dessert we have seen in a long time. Mam's is family friendly, within walking distance, and it dresses up an ugly, unused and unsafe Fiesta parking lot.

One neighbor across Studewood and down half a block, has sent an email complaining to Fiesta. I am told that his main complaint is the sound of the generators. I was sitting next to the generators and I was unaware of their presence. Evidently this man has sued Fiesta multiple times, so they would just rather not deal with him.

Call your local Fiesta and complain. Tell them you will not shop there if they are not going to fight for the communities in which they do business. Allowing one person to make decisions for the entire community does not show strength of character. I will be shopping everywhere but Fiesta. Call Fiesta and tell them to say yes MAM's!

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What if Fiesta just "sold" MAM's electricity as part of the "ground lease"? It would relatively simple to determine the power consumption of their snowball-making machines.

That's a great idea. I don't think the generators are really his complaint, there is no way he hears them from his house, but it would certainly expose his complaint as baseless.

Across the street? Does he sue drivers for making noise on Studewood? Get over it. Or just find another parking lot, it's not a hard business to move. Come in front of our yard, that would be sweet, and they could do drive-thru business too.

Across the street? Does he sue drivers for making noise on Studewood? Get over it. Or just find another parking lot, it's not a hard business to move. Come in front of our yard, that would be sweet, and they could do drive-thru business too.

They say that a lot of the neighbors have offerered their yards, that says a lot for them.

Go by there and sign the petition to keep them at Fiesta and honor their lease agreement.

I just had my first MAMS HOUSE OF ICE snoball and I fear it may be my last. Mam's opened May 29th and the community is in love with the little blue building that houses some of the most decadent and wholesome dessert we have seen in a long time. Mam's is family friendly, within walking distance, and it dresses up an ugly, unused and unsafe Fiesta parking lot.

One neighbor across Studewood and down half a block, has sent an email complaining to Fiesta. I am told that his main complaint is the sound of the generators. I was sitting next to the generators and I was unaware of their presence. Evidently this man has sued Fiesta multiple times, so they would just rather not deal with him.

Call your local Fiesta and complain. Tell them you will not shop there if they are not going to fight for the communities in which they do business. Allowing one person to make decisions for the entire community does not show strength of character. I will be shopping everywhere but Fiesta. Call Fiesta and tell them to say yes MAM's!

Apparently, this guy loathes the idea of a supermarket CLOSE to his house. I say we send realtors from out-of-way suburbs (ya know, these endless suburbs where you die of starvation if your car breaks down and you can't drive to a food store) like Katy or Sugarland to him and convince him to move out of there. :-)

Apparently, this guy loathes the idea of a supermarket CLOSE to his house. I say we send realtors from out-of-way suburbs (ya know, these endless suburbs where you die of starvation if your car breaks down and you can't drive to a food store) like Katy or Sugarland to him and convince him to move out of there. :-)

Yep, he belongs in Kingwood.

And this actually greatly upgrades the side of Fiesta that faces studewood. It is a neat and clean little building that is very charming.

I think you are making this up. Heights residents are not complainers. They take life's little disruptions with a stiff upper lip. A Heights resident would never complain about an ice cream trailer. Next, you'll probably say that Heights residents complained about Starbucks moving in!

Wait, if this ain't the pot callin' the kettle "black". One man complains about the noise, and Fiesta turns tail. Now, we got one woman complaining and expecting Fiesta to bow to her will with a threat of a boycott? Perhaps not everyone fancies the MAM's snocone as you do ?

Of course, I am just messin' with ya. The man is obviuosly a lunatic. Perhaps you could find some housing for him on your "acreage" and Fiesta could enjoy life from here on out ?

Wait, if this ain't the pot callin' the kettle "black". One man complains about the noise, and Fiesta turns tail. Now, we got one woman complaining and expecting Fiesta to bow to her will with a threat of a boycott? Perhaps not everyone fancies the MAM's snocone as you do ?

Of course, I am just messin' with ya. The man is obviuosly a lunatic. Perhaps you could find some housing for him on your "acreage" and Fiesta could enjoy life from here on out ?

Another coffee spew. I am going to have to stop reading the haif while drinking my coffee. My dry cleaning bill is growing. :)

He wouldn't like my acreage, it will have a snoball store and barking dogs.

Another coffee spew. I am going to have to stop reading the haif while drinking my coffee. My dry cleaning bill is growing. :)

He wouldn't like my acreage, it will have a snoball store and barking dogs.

Oh HELL, a snoball store, sign me up for some of that acreage. LOL! ;)

Where is Mam's? The wife and I might swing by this weekend. She likes coconut things.

It is in the Fiesta parking lot on 14th at Studewood. Please sign the petition while you are there.

I love MAM's and signed the petition.

I love the idea of dressing up the unused parking lot. How cool would it be if this parking lot became known as the destination for cool trailers dishing out their unique and diverse delicacies (not just a taco truck but something more like the Airstream trailers in Seaside, FL or South Congress in Austin, TX). I would sure visit Fiesta even more often.

With all of the music blaring from vehicles, the cars zooming by at 80mph, and the semi-regular ambulance and fire truck traffic from the Main St. firehouse going down Studewood... someone compained about a snowball stand? Seriously? Is this a joke? The snoball stand is disrupting someone's peace? really? THANKS FOR THE MAMories! I hope you come back.

It's worse than I thought, the email did not complain about noise. The man said he thought it was tacky and would attact a criminal element. Here is your criminal element, lots of kids enjoying their ice, the old fashioned kind.

post-8152-1244599024_thumb.jpg

It's worse than I thought, the email did not complain about noise. The man said he thought it was tacky and would attact a criminal element. Here is your criminal element:

post-8152-1244599024_thumb.jpg

People who are in a parking lot to buy things doesn't attract a criminal element, unmanned/unguarded parking lots do. No one is going to break into a car while there are half a dozen people right there getting chilly treats. Whoever at Fiesta is listening to this idiot needs to be fired.

Someone explain to me why you haven't gone to this person's house and knocked on the door, to politely discuss the matter. Clearly it's one person, and you all seem to know which house he lives in.

Jesus, the internet has turned people into a bunch of passive-aggressive puppies! This is the equivalent about complaining, via email, about the guy next to you at work who smells like crap and talks too loudly in his cubicle. Before long everyone wears too much perfume and whispers, all while continuing to complain.

Archived