Houston On 16mm Film

porphyrula

On June 16th I will be showing some 16mm film of Houston from (I think) 1967. This is a more or less random selection of raw camera and working footage from a Houston Chronicle promotional film titled "Houston Counterpoint" showing various Houston landmarks and street scenes.

This silent footage runs about 20 minutes and will be shown before our regular monthly show, starting at about 8:15 PM, in the garden behind Domy Books / Brasil, Westheimer at Dunlavy.

Program information is at http://www.cinemabomar.org/Schedule.html

Come take a look!

I love watching movies back there.

With a bit of luck, my own films will eventually be included in the Domi show. I shot ten thousand feet of 16mm film in the late 60s and 70s. The Hill (Herman pk) Dallas Pop Festival (1969), Deuce is Wild (promo film shot at the Catacombs) and much more..just waiting to hear from these people.

I love watching movies back there.

With a bit of luck, my own films will eventually be included in the Domi show. I shot ten thousand feet of 16mm film in the late 60s and 70s. The Hill (Herman pk) Dallas Pop Festival (1969), Deuce is Wild (promo film shot at the Catacombs) and much more..just waiting to hear from these people.

That sounds great.

• 2 years later...

That sounds great.

Okay...I'm on it...just had a batch of film digitized; Please Stand by for several short subjects. The drag racing films I shot are already posted here at HAIF at the Dickinson Drag strip section... aka Houston International Speedway.

More to come,

• The title was changed to Houston On 16mm Film