Tanglewood Real Estate

BenH

This house is zoned to Briargrove Elementary, Grady Middle, and Lee High (with Lamar and Westside as options) in Houston ISD - Since many apartments were rezoned away from Grady the school zoning for this house may appeal to people more.

At that price, let's hope it's not going to be torn down.

The one next door to this looks like it's day's are numbered, and several months back they tore down the one caddy-corner to it (a perfectly kept Wrightian ranch) because the dirt's worth so dang much.

At that price, let's hope it's not going to be torn down.

The one next door to this looks like it's day's are numbered, and several months back they tore down the one caddy-corner to it (a perfectly kept Wrightian ranch) because the dirt's worth so dang much.

In Tanglewood, an old, modern house is mostly likely a goner. The fact that it's on a fringe street and priced about 200k too high for a tear down might save it.

Edited by KatieDidIt

I hate to be negative, but I can't see a purist wanting to undo all that's been done to this house, and I can't see the likes of people who want to live in Tanglewood wanting a one story ranch with various updates for $1.5 million.

It seems like "no man's land" with this house.

The realtors really need to empty this house out so it will show well. I have a vision for what a house could be, but even I have my limits.

In Tanglewood, an old, modern house is mostly likely a goner. The fact that it's on a fringe street and priced about 200k too high for a tear down might save it.

• 1 year later...

I likey, too, toadfroggy...especially the kitchen. Like the dark countertop. Wait a minute...are those fake, flickering lights out front? I like them, but many Haifer's make fun of them.

Edited by NenaE

I likey, too, toadfroggy...especially the kitchen. Like the dark countertop. Wait a minute...are those fake, flickering lights out front? I like them, but many Haifer's make fun of them.

Yeah, I think those lanterns are ugly and they don't go with the house, but it's a small negative.

Yeah, I think those lanterns are ugly and they don't go with the house, but it's a small negative.

I toured this house yesterday. I think it's a screaming deal for the location. But honestly, I just don't know if the flat roof is something we are willing the deal with. My husband is strictly against them. But the LIGHT in this house is amazing.

Adding: The kitchen is updated, but I felt the urge to rip it all out. It's just not high quality enough for the house.

Edited by KatieDidIt

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I lived in 77057 for over five years.

I think of it as a very safe area.

The only crime will be in or near the apartments,clubs, and bars near Westheimer and Richmond.

I used to live on Winrock behind the strip clubs. I only witnessed or knew of some petty thievery and a few drunken fights that only took place near these bars and apartments.

The apartments in the San Felipe area of the zip are pricey enough to keep out most of the bad elements.

• 1 month later...
  • The title was changed to San Felipe St. And Briargrove Area?
  • The title was changed to Tanglewood Real Estate