Magnolia Christian Church At 2102 Broadway St.

Jeanne

I grew up attending Magnolia Christian Church on Broadway. It was a very old church with a lot of character. What happened to it? I drove down that way not long ago to show my husband where I use to go to church and it is not there or has been altered to be another "business."

I grew up attending Magnolia Christian Church on Broadway. It was a very old church with a lot of character. What happened to it? I drove down that way not long ago to show my husband where I use to go to church and it is not there or has been altered to be another "business."

I am not familiar with the church but my old phone book says it was at 2102 broadway (broadway at brumblay). Today that address is the Compean Funeral Home and it is in a building built in 1983 (per hcad). Looks like by the setback of that building (from google) that the church could have been where the funeral home parking lot is today.

• 5 years later...

I'm a bit late answering this because I read the post a few years back, and am just now getting to it.  But, if you've not already found the answer, it is now a funeral home.  I grew up in that church too.  Brother Smythe was the pastor.  Went to Sunday School there and the whole thing.  To date myself, that was the '50s.

BTW, the full name of the pastor was "Francis Joy Smythe."  Ya have to think his parents wanted a girl.

• The title was changed to Magnolia Christian Church At 2102 Broadway St.

Archived