City of Houston Ignores Repeated Spring Shadows Flooding

SpringShadows

Many of us in the area are extremely enthusiastic about the developments in Spring Branch (like Longpoint re-development, the amazing brickwork in these intersections and custom signage), hopefully the people instigating these wonderful changes will catch wind of how happy many of us are.

My wife and I are very successful 30somethings returning to the neighborhood where she grew up to help re-invigorate this part of town. We could have lived in the Heights (like many of our friends) but we believe in Spring Branch. My wife wanted to contribute, the best way she could, by being a school councilor to some of the more at risk children. She has a masters degree from Saint Thomas in counseling and kept a perfect 4.0, she could have worked anywhere she wanted but she picked Spring Branch

I've emailed Chuck Davidson, his response was that there was no indication that this will be addressed in the next five years as the city just put forward all activities that will be undergone in that time frame.

I am ready to start going door to door to rally support. What else can I do to further this very serious issue?

What is the city going to do about this problem, they leave the faithful citizens of Spring Shadows no choice but to leave Spring Branch?

1) who is chuck davidson

2) yall need to go protest at city hall during a council meeting and have pictures. make sure your councilperson knows you'll be there. depending on the situation, there may be some opportunities to alleviate the situation but the homeowners need to offer that as a suggestion since they are more familiar wtih the drainage patterns. then the city will have to come up with some money which is usually the problem.

1) who is chuck davidson

2) yall need to go protest at city hall during a council meeting and have pictures. make sure your councilperson knows you'll be there. depending on the situation, there may be some opportunities to alleviate the situation but the homeowners need to offer that as a suggestion since they are more familiar wtih the drainage patterns. then the city will have to come up with some money which is usually the problem.

Just because they fix the drainage and the street doesn't mean the flooding will stop. Nottingham Forest went through a couple years of revamping..it flooded again. Our neighborhood flooded in parts. And guess whose houses flooded? Those that were behind or next to new construction.

Our neighborhood hasn't been worked on since the 60's, however it faired better than those that have been dug up...which makes us wonder why we want the city to do anything more than clean the street gutters out, which for some odd reason the REFUSE to do.

Archived