Baywood Country Club In Pasadena

HTX

It's been gone for several months and since then the land work has been pretty active but no signs of any type have gone up. Does anyone know what is coming?

My dad says it's going to be apartments. I didn't ask where that info came from.

I haven't been out that way for a month now, but last time I drove by, it looked like they were grading some pretty attractive drainage features: curvilinear detention basins or drainage ditches.

The old golf course backed up to Armand Bayou...I've paddled almost up to the golf course from Bay Area Park, but never quite made it that far. I hope they're preserving a nice buffer along the bayou. I'd hate to paddle up that scenic bayou just to end up looking at some apartments...but then again it ain't my land.

Just what I was hoping it would not be. The drainage features are coming along and I think some stakes are up here and there.

That section of Genoa Red Bluff is a great shortcut into Seabrook, but putting much more traffic on it will negate that.

Anybody know of any plans to widen it?

That section of Genoa Red Bluff is a great shortcut into Seabrook, but putting much more traffic on it will negate that.

SHHHHH!!!!! ;) That's been my secret route for the last 20 years...

I believe Genoa-Red Bluff was supposed to be widened as part of the Bayport project, but I don't know the status. I would have thought it could be under construction by now...but I know that there were lots of jurisdictional wetlands issues (among other issues) that delayed Space Center Blvd south of Genoa-Red Bluff adjacent to Ellington AFB.

I assume the same wetlands issues exist along Genoa-Red Bluff.

Anybody know of any plans to widen it?

I'm not aware of any plans to widen Genoa Red Bluff, but there are plans on the books for HCTRA to eventually build a toll road from Beltway 8 to SH 146 along Fairmont and then Red Bluff. That'll help some.

• The title was changed to Baywood Country Club In Pasadena

Archived