The Allen: Mixed-Use Development At Allen Parkway & Gillette St.

jmontrose

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
On 7/1/2017 at 9:26 AM, CREguy13 said:

Construction is starting this fall and will include:

- 30,000 SF Lifestyle Pavilion with high-end fitness center

- Thompson Hotel & Condo Tower

- Interior Park & Café with outdoor seating

- Ground level retail throughout the project

- 80,000 SF medical office building

https://view.staging.hangar.com/CRE/DC-Partners/Allen-Parkway/index.html

So the pedestrian bridge across Allen Parkway won't be part of phase one?

Oh, and I count 38 stories on top of the podium..? Surely that podium is taller than 4 average height floors.. (in response to the height comparisons from back in May)

Edited by cloud713
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, cloud713 said:

So the pedestrian bridge across Allen Parkway won't be part of phase one?

Oh, and I count 38 stories on top of the podium..? Surely that podium is taller than 4 average height floors.. (in response to the height comparisons from back in May)

Check out the 3D view on their website, it looks closer to AIG in Height.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/2/2017 at 7:45 AM, mollusk said:

Hmmmm... Related, ZaZa has a rail stop right outside the door, but I don't think I've ever seen anyone (other than myself) actually using that stop to go to/from the ZaZa.

ZaZa is definitely within walking distance of countless museums and is like across the street from Herman park 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
19 minutes ago, houstontexasjack said:

It may be premature to speculate, but I wonder if Harvey will have any effect on this project.  Its proximity to Buffalo Bayou, although normally an aesthetic asset, could frighten investors who might be shown photos of the recent flooding over the banks.

Doubtful. In fact, it'll likely go the other way - proven not to flood in the worst circumstances known so far.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, houstontexasjack said:

It may be premature to speculate, but I wonder if Harvey will have any effect on this project.  Its proximity to Buffalo Bayou, although normally an aesthetic asset, could frighten investors who might be shown photos of the recent flooding over the banks.

This is still an extremely desirable property. They will just need to be smart on how they develop this property.

• Like 3

Do we know if the property flooded or not? The satellite photos from August 31st show it dry. I walked down to the Bayou at Memorial and Shepherd every day and the 28th appeared to be the highest day.

I live near Shepherd and West Dallas, we didn't get any high water. The Shepherd drainage project that took 2 years apparently worked very well for us.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

The villages on Allen parkway really create a problem. You remove them and you have a nice corridor going from this project straight into downtown. That corridor would be ideal for similar, mixed-use type projects along these lines, and you'd have a nice green belt across the street. Seems like an ideal way to expand downtown/increase urbanization. I understand that the villages have been designated as a historic neighborhood, but my common sense tells me that, if this project gets off the ground, there would have to be a developer willing to work with the city and the villages to relocate the people there to another site by "buying out" (or whatever the appropriate legal term would be) the historic neighborhood qualifier. But I might be wrong. In any event, seems like a really ideal way to connect montrose with downtown. 

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, terra002 said:

Looks cool, but you're landlocked between the federal reserve building and a housing project...

I don't have a problem with those apartments. They have been around for decades and in a city that tears everything down, that is rare. They have made them look nice as well. Sure it would be nice to expand downtown forever but with how many other areas can be built on, those apts sure get picked on a lot.

• Like 2