The Allen: Mixed-Use Development At Allen Parkway & Gillette St.

jmontrose

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The title was changed to The Allen: Allen Parkway/Gillette Mixed-Use 6 Acres

New to this forum, but really appreciate the information and work that has gone into the posts.

I am probably posting in the wrong place, but as The Allen impacts us the most and is next to our area - I thought it would be a good start. (We have a house on W Dallas)

I am looking on information on the housing to the east of The Allen. It is starting to concern us on the condition and crime. I have attached a pic.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rfndylrlu5sej1u/W_Dallas_pic.jpg?dl=0

W_Dallas_pic.jpg

Edited by WDallas
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, WDallas said:

New to this forum, but really appreciate the information and work that has gone into the posts.

I am probably posting in the wrong place, but as The Allen impacts us the most and is next to our area - I thought it would be a good start. (We have a house on W Dallas)

I am looking on information on the housing to the east of The Allen. It is starting to concern us on the condition and crime. I have attached a pic.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rfndylrlu5sej1u/W_Dallas_pic.jpg?dl=0

W_Dallas_pic.jpg

I believe those units are owned by the housing authority. Not sure if you’ll see many improvements for a while. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jmosele said:

Looks like they had about 2 floors left to go on the amenities building though... Are they switching all the work over to the new crane for the tower? Or (I hate asking) is this project going to get sidelined...?

Not sure? But I saw that the crane was being dismantled, I guess it’s a possibility?

Edited by cityliving
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jmosele said:

Looks like they had about 2 floors left to go on the amenities building though... Are they switching all the work over to the new crane for the tower? Or (I hate asking) is this project going to get sidelined...?

If its going up I have heard from multiple commercial real estate firms that everyone is doing everything they can to make sure it continues to go up unless they hit massive,incredible issues with cash. The reason being that everyone is salivating on being the "new" construction opening in mid 2021-2022 when things are thought to go back to normal. Bank/industry metrics are rating these 2021-2022 opportunities as can't-miss type investments. My money would be on the new crane being utilized. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, HNathoo said:

I believe those units are owned by the housing authority. Not sure if you’ll see many improvements for a while. 

This photo surprises me as I always believed that these. units were at capacity.  They are supposed to be "mixed income" housing (i.e. market rate for those who make enough and partially subsidized for those who don't meet an income threshold.  The boarded up and broken windows are definitely concerning!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mls1202 said:

This photo surprises me as I always believed that these. units were at capacity.  They are supposed to be "mixed income" housing (i.e. market rate for those who make enough and partially subsidized for those who don't meet an income threshold.  The boarded up and broken windows are definitely concerning!

Surprising to me too.  And disturbing.  How can our housing authority be sitting on boarded-up units and letting them be vandalized.  It's a small step from this to the whole complex being an unoccupiable dead zone. And from there, the whole neighborhood . . .

FWIW, I don't think these are "mixed-income".  I think these are purely subsidized public housing.

• Like 8

52 minutes ago, Fortune said:

So is the new crane larger than the previous crane that was on site? I'm just curious as to why it was removed. Will the new crane be able to function for the pavilion portion of this development and the tower?

The new tower crane is much taller than the previous crane. The new tower crane is 17-18 stories tall, I think the new crane will function for both the pavilion and the new tower.

Edited by cityliving
  • Like 1