The Allen: Mixed-Use Development At Allen Parkway & Gillette St.

jmontrose

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, nate4l1f3 said:

This was a joke.  I laugh at those who are scared as you can see by my post at the top of the page. 

I used to laugh at that kind of stuff or at least not take it seriously enough to acknowledge it. But for some reason, it just got less funny in the last couple of years. I hear it's getting less funny in Europe these days too.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/1/2019 at 11:40 PM, mattyt36 said:

That’s a great video BTW, thanks for sharing. Apologies for misconstruing your point.

When I viewed that this was suggested via YouTube. I had to watch the whole thing. Everything old is new again.

WOW so many vivid flashback memories !  I was only knee high to a grasshopper at the time, but can remember just about 99% of the people, issues, visuals, and commercials from that time.  Looking back, it definitely DOES seem like a lifetime ago, although I never want to admit it was 41 years ago LOL...

• Like 2

On 6/1/2019 at 10:40 PM, mattyt36 said:

Yes let’s go “live” from 40 years ago. If you want to go “live,” you might be surprised.

yikes, seeing that corrupt racist sleezeball Welch, just gave me chills (and not the good kind).  I usually like to let the dead rest, but like OMG that guy was so vile he makes me ill even to this day.  Reminds me of so many deep south politicians from the past few years and how disgusting and toxic DC has become.  Wow, just wow...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 6/4/2019 at 1:46 AM, CrockpotandGravel said:

More on The Residence at the Allen, part of The Allen mixed use development at 1733 Allen Pkwy in Houston.

From Houston Business Journal yesterday:

More details have started to emerge about what amenities The Allen — a condo, hotel, office and retail project lined up for a 6-acre tract off Allen Parkway — will offer residents when it is ultimately completed. Construction on the tower began in April.

The mixed-use project will be based around a 34-story tower, the first 14 floors of which will consist of hotel rooms operated by Thompson Hotels. The rest of the tower will have 99 luxury condominiums, offering top-tier amenities designed to cater to wealthier residents. The site will eventually include a Class-A office tower and a pavilion with retail locations.

The Allen is located at 1733 Allen Parkway in Houston, to the east of the Federal Reserve and across Buffalo Bayou Park.

To give potential residents an idea of what they can expect of the nearly $1 million starting price for most of the units — $2.6 million for a penthouse unit — The Allen has constructed a 2,900-square-foot sales gallery displaying full-sized model unit features.

Two full-sized kitchens will be on display starting June 6, when the sales gallery hosts its grand opening. Kitchens in The Allen’s 17 penthouse units feature Pedini cabinetry and Gaggenau appliances, while standard kitchens come with Pedini cabinetry and Thermador appliances. The sales gallery also has a model penthouse bathroom showing the stone wall cladding, oversized shower, designer bathtub and finishes that top-floor residents can expect.

More: https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2019/06/03/more-details-emerge-on-high-end-condo-off-allen.html

Ahhh the ultra rich people and low income people at APV living together in harmony.  

13 hours ago, houstontexasjack said:

This is why I love the internet. If you can think of it, then its probably a thing on the internet.

You win the day!

• Like 3

If that's the "value-engineered" version of The Allen, I'm happy.  Still looks unique and fairly interesting.  While a partially cantilevered building would be even cooler, we all know Houston can't support anything too architecturally daunting, so I'm pleased if this is what we can get.  Still wish they could have added the pedestrian bridge over Allen Parkway, though.

• Like 6