The Allen: Mixed-Use Development At Allen Parkway & Gillette St.

jmontrose

2 hours ago, ajgallion said:

I live in the apartments butting up to the development and saw a group of men in business attire walking across the lot the other morning. They looked to have rolls of plans with them and we pointing around chatting... but I’m not sure what that could mean. 

Making plans for the future Kickball field?

• Like 1

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, ajgallion said:

I live in the apartments butting up to the development and saw a group of men in business attire walking across the lot the other morning. They looked to have rolls of plans with them and we pointing around chatting... but I’m not sure what that could mean. 

When the suits are out. Its a dead give away that its the architects, developer, and client.

• 4 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, LBC2HTX said:

Groundbreaking Q4 2018. 

http://dcpartnersusa.com/properties/the-allen/

That would be very welcome news.  I'm skeptical about the groundbreaking given how long this project has been waiting already, but given that they announced groundbreaking for 4Q 18 in 4Q 18 it makes me think they are ready and will follow through. Fingers crossed but cautiously optimistic. 

Something tells me that vacant lot on Dallas next to the cemetery doesn't stay vacant long. 

40 minutes ago, BlindTiger said:

That would be very welcome news.  I'm skeptical about the groundbreaking given how long this project has been waiting already, but given that they announced groundbreaking for 4Q 18 in 4Q 18 it makes me think they are ready and will follow through. Fingers crossed but cautiously optimistic. 

Something tells me that vacant lot on Dallas next to the cemetery doesn't stay vacant long. 

Agreed. It says Phase 1 groundbreaking... do we know what is in Phase 1?

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, BlindTiger said:

My guess something got held up at permitting and considering how massive this development is...I assume that it took longer than expected. I thought that at the pace some of these developments were flying out of the permitting office that it would have started this summer, but that was probably a bit too optimistic considering projects that there are much smaller projects at my firm that are taking enormous amounts of time to get out. I wouldn't even be surprised if they had to do some slight alterations given the current climate regarding flooding and with this being such close proximity to the bayou I'm sure that took some time to get over. 

4 hours ago, H-Town Man said:

Agreed. It says Phase 1 groundbreaking... do we know what is in Phase 1?

pretty sure it's the thompson hotel/condo and "lifestyle center" that connects to the park via walkway. might include some retail as well, can't remember.

4 hours ago, Luminare said:

My guess something got held up at permitting and considering how massive this development is...I assume that it took longer than expected. I thought that at the pace some of these developments were flying out of the permitting office that it would have started this summer, but that was probably a bit too optimistic considering projects that there are much smaller projects at my firm that are taking enormous amounts of time to get out. I wouldn't even be surprised if they had to do some slight alterations given the current climate regarding flooding and with this being such close proximity to the bayou I'm sure that took some time to get over. 

And Harris County permitting floodplain requirements changed at the start of 2018 following Harvey. You are probably right that adjustments had to be made.

On 5/11/2018 at 3:05 PM, LBC2HTX said:

A few months ago a friend, who works at Equinox, and another friend, who works at Stream Realty, both told me that Equinox will be opening their second Houston location here. That should be an indication of the quality of retail they’re seeking and that this project is definitely moving forward. 

xs4caTI.jpg&key=07a02261ed4522f1db4579f3b609323e9fd67b2315279576a0fd2bd8cb5693a4You can in fact, see the Equinox signage on the second floor of the retail building. 

I can almost guarantee that the "lifestyle center" apart of Phase I will be Equinox. 

3 hours ago, BlindTiger said:

Are any of the towers included in phase 1?

This is from April of 2017, so it may not be up to date:

Phase one of the project will include a luxury hotel and condominium tower, retail pavilion and office building with more than 200,000 square feet of space.”

https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2017/04/26/renderings-revealed-for-new-luxurymixed-use.html

• Like 1

4 hours ago, EllenOlenska said:

Looks like they nixed it last rendering I saw.  I could be wrong. 

I noticed that too.. too bad.

I agree that it wasn’t “necessary”, escapecially with the new Allen parkway pedestrian improvements, but there was just something cool about the idea of a private developer directly tying in their project to Buffalo Bayou Park.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, houstontexasjack said:

Transwestern sent out an email about leasing space in the Allen today.  The downloadable brochure below was included:

https://download.transwestern.com/flyers/Houston/retail/flyers/The Allen/TheAllen_Brochure.pdf 

There’s some new info mentioned in the brochure

- 41,800 sq ft movie theater (8 rooms)

- Rooftop helipad for the high-rise

• Like 1

1 minute ago, H-Town Man said:

Interesting line at the bottom says "For Investment Opportunties [sic], Please Contact," and then there are two names with "eb5" in their e-mail addresses. I wonder if they have all their financing yet?

From what was previously discussed, it sounded as though they were ready to go on the tallest building but would flesh the rest out later.