The Allen: Mixed-Use Development At Allen Parkway & Gillette St.

jmontrose

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/19/2018 at 9:25 AM, West Timer said:

Give it to the Vy troll. She's the one that can't stop the pointless bitching about Houston. Unlike her, I can afford to live anywhere I want and I think Houston is fabulous and getting more fabulous by the day.

But I guess I'm probably being too insensitive. Really, I have nothing but pity for those poor pathetic losers who are handcuffed to places they would rather not be and aren't smart enough to be able to figure out how to do anything about it except whine about it on the internet and then proceed to blame our great city for their own personal issues and shortcomings.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/18/2018 at 10:35 AM, H-Town Man said:

Thanks for this.

More information in the news on EB-5 -> With the amount of scrutiny on EB-5 I wouldn't be surprised if this project gets further delayed.

https://www.bisnow.com/national/news/capital-markets/eb5-mastroianni-usif-brook-lenfest-doug-litowitz-defamation-lawsuit-chinese-97342?&utm_source=outbound_pub_68&utm_campaign=outbound_issue_772&utm_content=outbound_link_1&utm_medium=email

And if you look here below you can find renderings for the Marlow, Hotel Allesandra, Kirby Collection, Arabella and more

https://eb5projects.com/projects?utf8=✓&investment_type_id=-1&open=&verified=-1&state=Texas&name=&commit=Search&project_category_id=-1&regional_center_id=-1&size=-1&documents_available=-1&videos_available=-1

image.png.4f305903977516495ae44158218e7a89.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

On 2/20/2019 at 9:53 AM, TBooze said:

Wow..... I think you should both have your funny bone licenses taken away. Sometimes its better to resist the temptation. No encore performances..... please.

Sorry, no.
The LOL's outnumber the Booze.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Say what you will about RD... But he is a bit of a pioneer. He goes to the areas we all say "we need to have something here" and builds something. Other developers tend to follow along.

I am hopeful the new design is still striking. I would love for the buildings around Buffalo Bayou to have significant architectural integrity, as they will be in plain sight for the foreseeable future.

• Like 3

I hate to sound like a downer, but I am not looking forward to the new design... I imagine it will be seriously value-engineered, similar to the way they reduced the glass exterior at Arabella.  Especially with all the recent bad news surrounding the EB-5 program, which is how DC finances its projects.

I hope I'm wrong, but I really have a hard time thinking this design will be equal to or better than the original.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

54 minutes ago, CREguy13 said:

I hate to sound like a downer, but I am not looking forward to the new design... I imagine it will be seriously value-engineered, similar to the way they reduced the glass exterior at Arabella.  Especially with all the recent bad news surrounding the EB-5 program, which is how DC finances its projects.

I hope I'm wrong, but I really have a hard time thinking this design will be equal to or better than the original.

I'm feeling the same way, hope I'm wrong, but it's just a gut feeling.

12 hours ago, CREguy13 said:

Well I suspect you must know something.

That shall prevent me from starting a GoFundMe campaign in the Fourth Ward for the $40 million required to make it super sexy.

I’d already got commitments for $83.

Ah well, that’s Houston. But that’s why I like it.

• Like 1

But unfortunately there is no place to hide a hideous disaster on the Bayou if it is value engineered. These are special tracts that will affect the overall image of downtown. Plus they'll block out downtown from the west.  And if Randall Davis is involved that means we will have something proposed in renderings, and then the real deal which will look nothing like the renderings.

I know they are building a very detailed leasing office but that doesn't mean anything. If you go down to the area around the old Rainbow Lodge site, you will find a very well constructed leasing office for a now defunct project called the Orion. The developer now lives in this leasing office. I went to his birthday party there and it wasn't a cheap  building.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, bobruss said:

Good point, but let's see what Randall comes up with.

Wait...when did RD enter this conversation? Is he the architect now? I wouldn't be surprised if he would be made architect of record with another doing the design, but as the design architect? what?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Luminare said:

Wait...when did RD enter this conversation? Is he the architect now? I wouldn't be surprised if he would be made architect of record with another doing the design, but as the design architect? what?

Davis is the "D" in "DC Partners" 

• Like 3