Largest High School In Texas?

WestGrayGuy

Ding ding ding.

The correct answer is the Woodlands. Although broken up into two campuses, UIL lists it as one with an enrollment of 4,918.

My statistics come from UIL official enrollment figures for 2004-5. Here are the top 10 schools in Texas by enrollment.

Conroe The Woodlands 4918

Converse Judson 4864

La Joya 4814

Dallas Skyline 4415

Spring Westfield 4188

Houston Memorial 4115

Victoria Memorial 4115

Humble 4104

Alief Elsik 4062

Allen 3949

FYI, there are 245 5A schools in Texas.

UIL enrollment figures

i used to work with a firm that built schools and i beilve on of the newer katy schools were the biggest at that time but then again, it was about 5 years ago.

there was cinco ranch and two other big ones that went up around the same time.

my highschool in NY only had just over 1000 and my graduating class was about 250.

Perhaps Dave Campbell was using old data. I remember when Plano East had the largest school, many years ago.

By the way, there is a new school going up in The Woodlands. The Woodlands College Park.

Woodlands College Park HS

newhs_mainstreet.jpg

I hear Morton Ranch is going to be massive.

FYI, Kingwood is #15 for 2004-5.

Where did my post go??? I posted here last night and I can't find it :(

El Paso -Franklin High school- my school was up there for high population! But as far as big, it was one of the biggest in the city and won an award for best architecture (in the city I beleive)...its a reddish building with a blue roof

show ya if there'sa pic!

They used to have a website I ca'nt find :(

Plano and Plano East used to each have around 6,000. They must have finally built another school in that district.

I know Elkins used to have over 4,000. Wonder what happened. And Westfield used to only have like 2,500. How did they get over 4,000?

BayouCityGirl... did you know a girl named Holly Gregory, or a guy named Matthew Caldwell? They used to be friends of mine in college. Probably graduated in '98.

All these big high schools may look neat, but if people cared enough about what's best for kids, the largest high schools wouldn't have much more than 1,000.

• 3 weeks later...
If I go to this link that you provided (http://www.uil.utexas.edu/2004align/pdf/5A_EnrollmentData.pdf) it shows Plano East with 5221.58 (how do they get .58?) students and Plano with 4706.87.  So, where does it show The Woodlands as the largest school?  I don't seem them listed at all... just individual enrollments by district, campus.

Those numbers are from the ADA (average daily attendance) that schools are required to report to the state. Because they are averages there can be (and usually are) fractional amounts.

Archived