Describe Houston in two words

Better Too Damnhot than Too Damncold. Ever been to Minnesota during the winter? :lol:

I will take Too DamnCold over too damnhot anyday. I've been snow camping at 20 below and still stayed plenty warm. Here, the only way to stay comfortable at 100 is to stay cooped up someplace. Nah, Houston sucks big time when it comes to climate and topography.

I will take Too DamnCold over too damnhot anyday. I've been snow camping at 20 below and still stayed plenty warm. Here, the only way to stay comfortable at 100 is to stay cooped up someplace. Nah, Houston sucks big time when it comes to climate and topography.

I guess growing up on the Gulf Coast and visiting relatives in the northern midwest during winter gives me a different perspective, but to each his own. I don't mind the hot summers and I love that during February I'm wearing shorts and bar-b-queing while my northern relatives are snow-bound.

So...two new words...year-round shorts.

Either way... doesn't matter... works both ways... but I think you know which way works best on that....

At least I used, simply, TWO WORDS. It doesn't say give me a Top 2 list or a Top 10 list of two words.....

My Choice

"acquired taste" is my favorite so far.

"easy living" is second.

In my humble opinion as a yankee and former resident of New York, they're related concepts. It's easy to love NYC, but hard to live there. So people might quickly come up with superlatives to describe the city, and if you've got money, it would be a great place to live. But otherwise, it can slowly suck the life out of you.

Houston, on the other hand, doesn't present its fair qualities so readily. But the living is easy, and over time, one comes to really appreciate that. Then, it's easier to also appreciate the architecture, the green space, the cultural diversity, the museums & restaurants, and so on.

• 2 weeks later...

:lol: "Super Highway" & "Traffic Jam"!!

Thats the truth though. I remember the good ole' days when the Katy Freeway was the only clogged up one, now every other freeway is clogged up EXCEPT for the Katy Freeway!

And it seems the toll roads are clogging up too! Not to mention that their rates are going up.

No escaping traffic any more

One thing I really noticed about Houston when I moved here was the contrast between various parts of the city. When I first moved here I needed groceries so I walked to the Fiesta on Dunlavy and Alabama. I remember walking past the beautiful multi million dollar mansions in Southampton and then two blocks later I passed the mostly abandoned, rusting, crumbling apartment complex that they just tore down across the street from Fiesta. That sort of contrast (decaying semi abandoned apartments a few blocks from multi million dollar mansions) is something you don't see in Canada, New York, or Atlanta (the places where most of my family live).

So how about "contrast city"?

Archived