Spring Town Center Developments

Chris

Located at the northeast and southeast corners of FM 2920 and Kuykendahl Road, Spring Town Center is strategically located at the heart of vast residential growth in Houston, Texas. Situated approximately four miles west of Interstate 45, FM 2920 is a vital artery leading to the Tomball area, as well as other developments in northwest Harris County and Montgomery County. There are 115 residential developments in the immediate vicinity of Spring Town Center, and Kuykendahl Road provides access to the highly successful Woodlands

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Located at the northeast and southeast corners of FM 2920 and Kuykendahl Road, Spring Town Center is strategically located at the heart of vast residential growth in Houston, Texas. Situated approximately four miles west of Interstate 45, FM 2920 is a vital artery leading to the Tomball area, as well as other developments in northwest Harris County and Montgomery County. There are 115 residential developments in the immediate vicinity of Spring Town Center, and Kuykendahl Road provides access to the highly successful Woodlands' developments. A 207,000 square foot Wal-Mart Super Center anchors the northeast corner of the intersection. Stage Stores has agreed to a 30,000 square foot Palais Royal store to be opened in the first quarter of 2008. Other tenants include Chili's, Bank of America, Walgreens, Wendy's, Dollar Tree, Buffalo Wild Wings, Capital One, Wells Fargo, Whatabuger, Quiznos, Great Clips and numerous other regional, national and local tenants. The northeast corner has a total of 10 pad sites with three pad sites available for lease. The southeast corner of the intersection will be anchored by a 135,000 square foot Lowe's Home Improvement and a 38,000 square foot 24 Hour Fitness. Additional tenants include Chase Bank, McDonald's, Chick-Fil-A, Panda Express, Verizon Wireless, Sport Clips, Malibu Tan, Super Cuts, TMobile, Little Caesars, Auto Zone as well as many others. The southeast corner has a total of eight pad sites with three pad sites remaining available for lease. Traffic counts on FM 2920 amount to 22,940 cars per day, and Kuykendahl Road sees traffic counts of 15,142 cars per day. Since the 2000 Census, the population has grown almost 224% in a 1-mile radius. Median household income in a 3-miles radius is $87,056.

New Tenants

-Palais Royal

-Lowe's Home Improvement

-24 Hour Fitness

-Chick-Fil-A

Story By: New Quest Properties

Wow, and there are two 24 Hr Fitness' just down the road practically in both directions. One by Woodlands Parkway and kuykhendal, and the other kuykhendal and louetta.

Numerous local tenants my ass. These are all national mega-chains. The only place I would even consider setting foot into is Buffalo Wild Wings. Boy, they sure tainted Spring when they developed this intersection. This used to be a tranquil area with a lot of history behind it. I've heard lots of complaints from people who live out there, and it's a shame that NewQuest properties eventually found this location, but also inevitable in this era of development. I wish Spring would have incorporated years ago, so they could have planned the whole intersection much better or at least done something to keep it natural. They totally wiped out all the trees in that area.

History of what? The rings on the trees when they cut them down? There was practically nothing there anyway. Just homes and cows.

BWW is nasty IMO.

The strips at BWW are frozen.......not good...Wingstop it is.....

I used to live in Tomball and traveled 2920 frequently going towards I-45....wasn't much back there but alot of trailer homes anyway....

The area has a lot of history as far as the German and Czech immigrants who settled there and had farms on the land. I guess I just assumed that it would always stay the way it was. I wasn't meaning that the developers ruined anything that was already there. I know it was just trees, but the trees made for a pleasant surrouding for homeowners. Now the trees are gone, you have a lot more traffic, and you have an intersection that looks like a complete mess. Not only is it full of mega-chains, the stores and strip centers also have cheap looking architecture, and the overall aesthetic is horrible. I-45 around the Gallery Furniture Store looks more well planned than that intersection. If you are going to develop it, at least keep it tranquil looking so that you feel like you're in Spring, rather than just generic urban sprawl anywhere in America.

Look at the intersection of N. Eldridge and Grant for an example of getting it right. There's a Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market rather than a Supercenter, and even though it's a Wal-Mart, it actually fits into the surroundings pretty nicely, as do the other things developed at that intersection.

The area has a lot of history as far as the German and Czech immigrants who settled there and had farms on the land. I guess I just assumed that it would always stay the way it was. I wasn't meaning that the developers ruined anything that was already there. I know it was just trees, but the trees made for a pleasant surrouding for homeowners. Now the trees are gone, you have a lot more traffic, and you have an intersection that looks like a complete mess. Not only is it full of mega-chains, the stores and strip centers also have cheap looking architecture, and the overall aesthetic is horrible. I-45 around the Gallery Furniture Store looks more well planned than that intersection. If you are going to develop it, at least keep it tranquil looking so that you feel like you're in Spring, rather than just generic urban sprawl anywhere in America.

Look at the intersection of N. Eldridge and Grant for an example of getting it right. There's a Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market rather than a Supercenter, and even though it's a Wal-Mart, it actually fits into the surroundings pretty nicely, as do the other things developed at that intersection.

I think the architecture is pretty nice looking. What is the difference between a Wal-Mart Supercenter and a Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market?

The area has a lot of history as far...

Yeah, they did do a crappy job keeping the trees up. They didn't even leave a stump. That kind of stuff just erks me. But in ten to fifteen years, new trees people plant will hopefully be up.

And it just seems like suburban developers could give a rip about creating things with even a hint of uniqueness.

Past a certain area off 2920 begins Klein ISD.....you make a left or right turn back in the woods there isn't much to brag about...now, the woods are being developed but there wasn't anything worth looking at...I know there were trailers because I knew someone who had one to rent back there..

The Neighborhood Wal-Mart is just groceries but nothing special.....but that area off of Grant is within an area that's somewhat regulated as Wal-Mart is right down the street on 249 and Spring Cypress and that's your typical suburban paradise...

I've lived in that area for 13 years now. They had no choice but cut down the trees. The North side of the intersection was like a lake when it rained. Also, it was mainly pastures with a row of trees at the fence line. I would have like to see a little more planning go into the New Quest property to the South. The parking lots do not even line up - it seems like a bunch of smaller developments stuck together. BUT, the New Quest property doesn't bother me as much as the crap across the street. What's up with that place? It's been sitting there for over a year and nothing has been done. Originally it was supposed to have a Jump Party Houston. I emailed that company but they haven't responded. Something needs to be done with that place. Overall there has been too many small strip centers built along 2920 with more going up every week. There must be a be tax advantage to un-leased retail property as most are not 50% occupied. The Windrose center is completly empty. They destroyed our soccer fields for nothing.

Sorry for my long rant, but I've been waiting for this subject to come up. There was also originally a Home Depot planned for land behind Wal-Mart, but that seems to have been scraped a while ago.

I've lived in that area for 13 years now. They had no choice but cut down the trees. The North side of the intersection was like a lake when it rained. Also, it was mainly pastures with a row of trees at the fence line. I would have like to see a little more planning go into the New Quest property to the South. The parking lots do not even line up - it seems like a bunch of smaller developments stuck together. BUT, the New Quest property doesn't bother me as much as the crap across the street. What's up with that place? It's been sitting there for over a year and nothing has been done. Originally it was supposed to have a Jump Party Houston. I emailed that company but they haven't responded. Something needs to be done with that place. Overall there has been too many small strip centers built along 2920 with more going up every week. There must be a be tax advantage to un-leased retail property as most are not 50% occupied. The Windrose center is completly empty. They destroyed our soccer fields for nothing.

Sorry for my long rant, but I've been waiting for this subject to come up. There was also originally a Home Depot planned for land behind Wal-Mart, but that seems to have been scraped a while ago.

Rackne - in regards to your question on the stopped development, I addressed what I know of it in this thread (look at post #8). I don't have a more recent update other than the developer was going through bankruptcy proceedings, which can be very complicated and time consuming. Since they are sitting on a marketable asset, it was my understanding that they would be able to raise the necessary funds to restart their projects.

But, alas, who knows!

Ah, Thanks for pointing me to that. I missed it. I agree that it is ashamed about My Le as well. When I was at HP we went there once a week and Sam seemed very excited when he started the new location. I hope something happens soon.

• 4 months later...
Any new progress over here? Is Camco going to be up and running any time soon? Where can I find updates on development in this interesection?

What's Camco? The Chick-Fil-A should be up and running within the next 2-3 weeks. I believe there's going to be a Brake-Check next to McDonalds. I'm assuming the Palais Royal, 24 Hr Fitness and Lowes will begin being constructed soon. They are in the process of widening Kuykendahl Road at that intersection.

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone know what that is going next to Brake Check? Looks like a car wash but has a unique look to it.

Yeah, It does have a weird look to it. I was also trying to figure out what it is.

Chick-Fil-A should be opening very soon.

I was just reading more on the Spring Town Center and they've updated their proposed Tenats list.

Next to Dollar Tree going down to Northcrest Drive.

-Along with Palais Royal

-JC Penny

-Famous Footwear

-Pet's Mart

-Cato Fashions

Chick-Fil-A opens December 13, 2007.

The Lowe's and 24 Hour Fitness is about to begin cnstruction behind McDonald's, Chick-Fil-A and Panda Express. That property line will extend all the way down south of FM 2920 in front of the Kids R Kids Daycare Center on Kuykendahl near Windrose. There are a number of Padsites for additional Fast Food restuarants and Banks.

The Lowe's, 24 Hr Fitness and Palais Royal will open 1st quarter 2008.

• 3 weeks later...

Denny's just opened on FM 2920 just west of TC Jester and east of Krimmel Intermediate. I think it is a kind of weird place for it. They should have built it right next to Sizzler's. It will still get alot of business though.

Anyone know what that is going next to Brake Check? Looks like a car wash but has a unique look to it.

That is said to be a Blue Wave Car Wash. They are also putting a location at FM 2978 & FM 1488 in Egypt/Magnolia/Woodlands/Conroe area.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

According to NewQuest's website, the 24 Hour Family Sport center that was to go in next to the new Lowe's is no longer in the works. Does anyone know what happened to that project? Also, on the northeast corner of Kuykendahl and 2920, north of the Wal-Mart, an Academy is set to go in instead of a JC Penney that was originally going in that spot. We need restaurants in this area!!

Archived