Greyhound Bus Station At 2121 Main St.

midtown 4.2

I think the bus station is to be included in the intermodal facility at N. Main and Burnett-just north of the vehicular tunnel.

B)

WOW. Talk about a crowded station, but I like that. We need some sort of Grand Central Station in Houston. METRO buses, BRTs, light rail vehicles, and greyhound buses at on station? WOW. It helps it will be in downtown too.

• 2 weeks later...
I found this posted in the Houston Construction thread on SSP. Anybody have news on this? It looks like a restoration for a mixed use property. Located near the old Central Square Building in Midtown.

10015161we.jpg

I thought I just read in the houston business journal that this location is going to be leased to a starbucks franchise.

Is this it?

a9ww.jpg

Yes that is the one the paper was talking about. central square is not being developed but the building on corner of Gray and Milam will be developed soon and that is what this topic is about. Does anyone know anything about it?

10015161we.jpg

Edited by eelimon

central square is not being developed but the building on corner of Gray and Milam will be developed soon and that is what this topic is about. Does anyone know anything about it?

10015161we.jpg

i don't think anyone does...and i will predict that it will continue to sit and collect dust (and other more harmful things...heh)

Great. The design looks vaguely 50s-60s. There's another project, a strip mall, that is almost complete at Washington/Shepherd which also looks similar, sort-of. I'm wondering if they're perhaps the same developer or designer.

That is really nice, but it would look even nicer with about 2-3 stories on top of that.

The way it looks now, I think that design would look nice in Montrose.

Dude, seriously, for now, we should take what we can get.

That is really nice, but it would look even nicer with about 2-3 stories on top of that.

The way it looks now, I think that design would look nice in Montrose.

Yeah what they really should do is put in an Atlantic Station rip off in there. That would look fantastic.

This is a nice looking project as is. Not everything needs to me multi storied. Keeping it one storied will make the open area in the middle even nicer I think and more open. Won't feel cramped. I like it.

Not everything needs to me multi storied. Keeping it one storied will make the open area in the middle even nicer I think and more open. Won't feel cramped. I like it.

I think citykid likes the dense city look, and so do I, but this looks good and will help Midtown get closer to that filled-in, 21st century design district that it has been teasing us with for 10 years.

Could this be one of the last new construction, single-story projects in Midtown? At what point does land get so expensive that building up is the only way to make a profit? Do the so-called new urbanist, mixed-use, multi-story projects have more to do with making smart use of expensive real estate in the inner city than just something new and hip?

I like the feel of mixed levels of buildings within a district so this, along with the few other nearby single story retail centers, will be good to have once everything else around is mid-rise or higher.