Oneill Ford Home In Houston

cougarbrent

I no longer live in HOuston but I was flipping through my Houston Architecture guide and I was reading about a home on Friar Tuck Lane. In the synopsis it mentioned an Oneill Ford designed home on Longbow. Anyone know anything about that house? Perhaps a picture of it? Thanks

BenH might have a picture.

It reminds me of a medieval church.

If you want to see that house you need "tresspassing fortitude" and a nice car to look like you belong. On Longbow there's a sign that says private drive and there is often a patrol car around.

The modern house to pray for on Longbow Lane is the Ralph Anderson designed house next door. It is truly fantastic, and mentioned in the CAA Houses thread. (Hey BenH, did I have an article on it to be scanned in?)

http://www.houstonarchitecture.info/haif/i...showtopic=12022

Jason

I no longer live in HOuston but I was flipping through my Houston Architecture guide and I was reading about a home on Friar Tuck Lane. In the synopsis it mentioned an Oneill Ford designed home on Longbow. Anyone know anything about that house? Perhaps a picture of it? Thanks

You're referring to the Liedtke house at #3 Longbow Lane. I wrote to Mrs. Liedtke a few months ago asking if I could photograph the house. She replied with a hand-written letter thanking me for my interest, but would prefer not to do so for privacy concerns. The house was designed around the same time as the Steves house in San Antonio, but does not resemble it architecturally. You can see it a bit on MSN Live's maps feature.

Closest I could get before I wrote the letter:

_DSC0018.jpg?t=1240426075

There is a house by Neuhaus & Wingfield on Longbow that I've been looking for an excuse to post, and now I have it:

LongbowNeauhausWingfield.jpg?t=1240425957

Built in 1969, I believe.

There was a house by Lloyd & Morgan that was demolished not too long ago, along with one by Irving W. Philips. One owner bought them both and is building a palace back there.

Here's the Kelsey house designed by Wilson, Morris, Crain & Anderson, specifically by Ralph Anderson. Jason and I have both been in the house, and it's pretty fabulous.

Front exterior:

_DSC0007.jpg?t=1240426461

Entry courtyard:

DSC_0003-1.jpg?t=1240426252

Rear Exterior:

DSC_0034copy-1.jpg?t=1240426359

There's also a really big ranch house back there that I don't know anything about, except it's owned by Terry Hershey. To date, I believe only the Kelsey house was published.

• 9 months later...
  • The title was changed to Oneill Ford Home In Houston

Archived