Champions Forest Expansion In Gleannloch Farms

slash

Does anyone have information on when Champions Forest through Gleannloch is to be expanded to 4 lanes?

There is construction continuing (and in limbo) at the front, recently built Frank Elem, future Grand Parkway, growing retirement village population, continued housing, and now the new LDS church going in at the corner of Champions Forest & Crescent Clover. Something's got to give.

How'd you like to look out your backyard and see a massive LDS church every day? And they thought the economy was the worst thing for their property values.

Does anyone have information on when Champions Forest through Gleannloch is to be expanded to 4 lanes?

There is construction continuing (and in limbo) at the front, recently built Frank Elem, future Grand Parkway, growing retirement village population, continued housing, and now the new LDS church going in at the corner of Champions Forest & Crescent Clover. Something's got to give.

How'd you like to look out your backyard and see a massive LDS church every day? And they thought the economy was the worst thing for their property values.

The developers have sold out the homeowners in Gleannloch, with the GP, and the other commercial developments that have stalled, and the changing of the property across from Frank to be zoned from homes to be zoned to APT's. Certain areas of Gleannloch stand to lose value. Shame.

slash said:

How do you know it's an LDS church going in? I live nearby and haven't seen a sign or anything. 

How do you know it's an LDS church going in? I live nearby and haven't seen a sign or anything. I guess I'll have to put up with a bunch of people wearing a white shirt and tie riding their bike past my house everyday.

Luckily they only do the creepy Masonic inspired rituals with the blood oaths, baptizing the dead and the magic underwear at the LDS Temple located in front of Champion Forest. (thanks to Don Hand).

Its a pretty building though.

There was a story in either 'The Sun' or the Houston Chronicle a week or two ago about the LDS building a church in the back of Gleannloch Farms; it could be worse, I guess.

Across from Frank Elementary is being zoned to Apartments? Wow. Where did this info come from, if you don't mind sharing? That stinks, I know a lot of people that live back in that area.

There was a story in either 'The Sun' or the Houston Chronicle a week or two ago about the LDS building a church in the back of Gleannloch Farms; it could be worse, I guess.

Across from Frank Elementary is being zoned to Apartments? Wow. Where did this info come from, if you don't mind sharing? That stinks, I know a lot of people that live back in that area.

Originally that plot of land was to be additional homes comparable to Dove Manor or the Hillcrest. About 2 years ago the developers rezoned it to be high density residential which basically means apartments. It could be commercial now for all I know with the Grand Parkway. Just what a Elementary School needs across the street. A freeway, with Apartments, and potentially a convenient store.

The developers have really failed in places and taken a potentially phenomenal neighborhood and cheapened it imo by putting in

townhomes along northpoint which never really sold

the retirement community is a good idea but is practically empty

the God awful abandoned strip center at the entrance to the community

the soon to be abandoned construction on Champions Forest Drive

the duplexes at the front of the neighborhood

the Grand Parkway

the coming soon apartments across from Frank

the coming soon LDS church on Champions Forest Drive

The Gleann golf course is practically ruined with the abandoned buildings that dot it. It is a disgrace.

Luckily they only do the creepy Masonic inspired rituals with the blood oaths, baptizing the dead and the magic underwear at the LDS Temple located in front of Champion Forest. (thanks to Don Hand).

Its a pretty building though.

I am really a fan of the magic underwear!

When the giant temple opened on Champion Forest, my Mormon-convert aunt took us all before it was blessed. She wanted to prove to the family that her new-found religion wasn't weird. Needless to say, her plan failed miserably.

Back to the original topic... My sister lives in the section closest to Frank. I can't believe she'll soon be facing apartments every day.

We are moving soon, and have been seriously considering Gleannloch. I'm guessing the safest bet would be nearer to the front or mid section (away from all of this development). After the situation we're facing now, with contruction on our street, we are very nervous buying anything too close to any empty land.

Back to the original topic... My sister lives in the section closest to Frank. I can't believe she'll soon be facing apartments every day.

I too live in the section near Frank. I honestly can't imagine anyone being dumb enough to actually build apartments on that land anytime soon. I lived in an apartment for 8 years before buying my first house (in Gleannloch) and my preference was always convenience. Anyone living near Frank knows that it takes at least 5 minutes just to get out of the neighborhood, there's nothing convenient about that. (I happen to like the seclusion) The nearest apartment complex I can think of is on Spring-Cypress just east of Stuebner. It just seems to me that most apt. dwellers are looking for proximity to bus-routes and major thoroughfares. (GP doesn't apply because it will be tolled)

But what do I know, there is already so much abandoned development bordering the neighborhood that half-finished apt. buildings wouldn't surprise me.

• 1 month later...

The church has gone up suprisingly fast compared to other construction in the area. Those mormons really know how to get stuff done! The small construction on Champions Forest dr near the entrance of Gleannloch has gone up one stone per day for the past 2 months. This A-frame church had a roof within a week.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • The title was changed to Champions Forest Expansion In Gleannloch Farms

Archived