Man Purse

lockmat

Anyone else have one?

I went to San Antonio and met my girlfriends brother-in-law who had a man purse. It seemed very useful and didn't look like a purse at all, just a bag with a strap. Didn't look anything like a woman's purse.

Anyway, what do yall think?

:P

I think if I get one, I'll even call it a purse if someone insinuates so...it'd be funny.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DUDE! you NEED a "murse?"

how much crap do you carry?

I heart my G1 because it freed me from potentially needing one.

Actually, I don't really carry a ton of stuff but I really don't like carrying stuff in my pockets. It's kind of annoying, sometimes more than others, depending on the pants I'm wearing. All I carry on a regular basis are keys, wallet and phone. With a purse, I'd consider carrying gum, ipod, flash drive or maybe a few other things, lol. I mean, aren't there things you'd like to have but don't want to carry around so you end up leaving it in the car? Like a small camera or checkbook?

But I'm not looking for anything huge. The one he had looked something like this, except it was smaller.

I guess my alternative is wearing a fanny pack...but, no way.

Just the fact that you called it a man purse.. you've already failed.

Rewind.

What? You need a Jack Bauer Bag? Dude.. Thats a great idea.

You can get one on amazon for like $25.

Jack Packs

Naw, Jack's bag is way too big. More like this but just basic looking, no fancy design feature/buckles or anything like. Kinda like your old fashioned black leather wallet.

hotornot-seal.jpg

I found this retired blog that has some funny reading about man purses - http://thesatchelpages.com/

Actually, I don't really carry a ton of stuff but I really don't like carrying stuff in my pockets. It's kind of annoying, sometimes more than others, depending on the pants I'm wearing. All I carry on a regular basis are keys, wallet and phone. With a purse, I'd consider carrying gum, ipod, flash drive or maybe a few other things, lol. I mean, aren't there things you'd like to have but don't want to carry around so you end up leaving it in the car? Like a small camera or checkbook?

But I'm not looking for anything huge. The one he had looked something like this, except it was smaller.

I guess my alternative is wearing a fanny pack...but, no way.

Naw, Jack's bag is way too big. More like this but just basic looking, no fancy design feature/buckles or anything like. Kinda like your old fashioned black leather wallet.

hotornot-seal.jpg

I found this retired blog that has some funny reading about man purses - http://thesatchelpages.com/

I admire you for your fashion bravery. I think, though, you can argue the practicality of this one all you want, but you have to be gay or Euro (or both) to wear a man purse.

Jack would kick Seal's ass.

Im sorry.. but even if its not all fancy leather, i cant get over that it Is really a purse.

If you dont have a problem wearng a purse, good for you... I will however suggest a Lowepro Slingpak as a smaller than Jack Pack, yet more manly than man-purse option.

Made for cameras, yet certainly could be used for everyday use. I love mine. Also, if you've not seen one.. you wear it like a one strap backpack, but it slides to the front of your body for easy acess.

18-2035-IMG1.jpeg

I admire you for your fashion bravery. I think, though, you can argue the practicality of this one all you want, but you have to be gay or Euro (or both) to wear a man purse.

The only fashion concerns I have is to prevent it from looking feminine. Also why are Euros allowed to wear them but not US citizens?

These are no-goes:

hotornot-kanye-west.jpg

hotornot-terrence-howard.jpg

I heart my G1 because it freed me from potentially needing one.

Wait, I missed the G1 part. Is that a murse variation or something? Does it have a purse function but different looking enough that you don't have to make the excuses? ;)

Anyone else have one?

I went to San Antonio and met my girlfriends brother-in-law who had a man purse. It seemed very useful and didn't look like a purse at all, just a bag with a strap. Didn't look anything like a woman's purse.

:P

I think if I get one, I'll even call it a purse if someone insinuates so...it'd be funny.

How about a backpack? A lot of people in urban areas carry backpacks everywhere.

How about a backpack? A lot of people in urban areas carry backpacks everywhere.

Too big and bulky, plus it'd be way too much space for my intended use. Thanks for trying to save me but I don't need to be saved. B)

Hey now, sometimes a backpack isn't enough when you carry a laptop with accessories, a sketch set that includes a sketchbook and supply bin, an MP3 player, and various odds and ends!

Oh, and I already wear cargo shorts/pants on a daily basis to carry my keys, wallet, etc!

Haha, no, and I know cargo pants are probably considered "sooo 1997", but practicality trumps fashion for me. ^_^

When I think of cargo pants I think of Kramer carrying around a ton of pennies in them, lol.

But even then, I still have the same problem of having discomfort b/c keys etc in my pockets.

Also, I found the one he had that I liked: http://www.montblanc.com/products/city_bag..._tote.08768.php

Wait, I missed the G1 part. Is that a murse variation or something? Does it have a purse function but different looking enough that you don't have to make the excuses? ;)

The G1 is my google phone, i was carrying an IPAQ, a GPS, (gotta be a moron to leave it in the car), and cell phone and its all in one fun package.

my pockets were full and was close to taking the murse plunge.

Additionally, i stopped carrying a wallet and now have a simple money clip and a credit card..

just say no to murses.

Except for jack, he can wear anything he damn wants. Same thing for chuck norris.

Anyone else have one?

Your not as shy as we thought <_<

Just don't go overboard! :lol:

Hannelore-Knuts-as-David-Bowie-and-Diana-Meszaros-as-Angela-Bowie.jpg

No. Thin out your wallet, carry a thin cell phone, and keys. If you need more than that, you are worrying way too much. Chapstick can easily get in the pockets too.

If you really need a bag to carry more junk, I suggest getting married. Just dump your crap in her purse, it works great. Or better yet, have a baby. All of a sudden you have 33 bags of crap everywhere you go.

Briefcases are either coming back or never went out. I'm thinking about ditching my current satchel laptop bag for one. A nice stainless steel one that doubles as a weapon since apparently everyone here says Obama is gonna take away all the guns I don't carry.

I've seen a few guys use small laptop bags. Myself, I often carry a backpack but that is because I frequently travel by bike. There are more important things to worry about than looking feminine.

For about 5 years I carried a leather laptop bag, even though I do not carry a laptop. The laptop area held my files, and I used all of the exterior pockets for my phone, keys and other junk. It was very useful, since I went through metal detectors at the courthouse. These days, I have been using a backpack, since I now carry a lunch and drink. All of this is only for work, though. When not at work, I carry as little as possible in an effort to disconnect from the overly connected world.

Archived