"amazing site for new construction"

retromodernjeff

Built in 1975? That date and the style represented do not seem correct... that's not to say that this type of architecture was not being produced but it certainly was not in favor. This is a nice example of modern architecture, there certainly has to be a name associated with it. Anyone care to do some digging?

Already have; I've spoken with both the realtor and the owner. They don't know the architect, but it was actually built closer to 1980, and supposedly a woman was the architect. It's an interesting house; custom exotic wood floors. That's all I've got, though.

From the pictures the house looks to be in good shape and already has some "updates" i.e. the granite countertops so it looks to me like someone who likes the style could move right in. Does see pretty high for lot value only, even in that area.

Jesus, what a gorgeous house. Especially when lit up at night (from the few photos) on there. And the pool - gah. Love, love, love.

Why would anyone want to tear this down??? (It's a rhetorical question...) It looks in excellent condition. But you never know with Houston...

Also, the owner and realtor want to find someone that will preserve the house, but the owner needs to see quickly, so that may not be an option.

Sell quickly? good luck, I believe the inventory of homes in the $700,000+ price range is something like 18.8 months (har numbers). I think something like 6 months is a normal market.

Archived