Home At 6102 North Braeswood Blvd.

robindellian

I've wondered who the architect was for this house for a long time. Any ideas? Are you the seller or realtor or just a someone in the neighborhood?

Robindell is great. I would love to live there.

Thanks for sharing.

Pretty Cool, no? The pics are lame, but the virtual tour shows the outside, which is cool. It sits across Braeswood from the bayou, so there's that.

Cool, thanks for bringing that to everyone's attention. It could be a good mod of the month, despite the non-purist things they did to update the house.

Does anyone have an old har listing for this? Is it a flipper's house, or did a long time owner "update" it?

Jason

No connection, other than I live down the street (Dunlap) and have admired this house since we moved in last year. Plus, it reinforces the value of mine to some degree, so i suppose there is that "rooting interest".

• 2 weeks later...
Pretty Cool, no? The pics are lame, but the virtual tour shows the outside, which is cool. It sits across Braeswood from the bayou, so there's that.

Great to see another Mod fan in the Robindell area. I am west of there, in a subdivision called Larkwood - same Super Neighborhood.

Gorgeous Mods abound around here, and the cool part is that the area has yet to be discovered by the McMansion set. The mods are all intact, or at least standing, and they're cheap. You don't have to be a millionaire to have a house designed by William Floyd, or Harwood Taylor, or William Jenkins.

Anyway it's good to see you here, and let me second your call to have someone like us move into the house on N. Braeswood!

Great to see another Mod fan in the Robindell area. I am west of there, in a subdivision called Larkwood - same Super Neighborhood.

Gorgeous Mods abound around here, and the cool part is that the area has yet to be discovered by the McMansion set. The mods are all intact, or at least standing, and they're cheap. You don't have to be a millionaire to have a house designed by William Floyd, or Harwood Taylor, or William Jenkins.

Anyway it's good to see you here, and let me second your call to have someone like us move into the house on N. Braeswood!

Here's another from our area: 9007 Bonhomme Rd. in Bonham Acres

http://search.har.com/engine/dispSearch.cf...mp;backButton=Y

Gorgeous inside. Not quite as great as the N. Braeswood house on the outside. If you had the outside of that house and the inside of this, you'd have something world class.

The previous owners of 9007 couldn't resist pastiche, but they did the right thing. They built a cheesy victorian looking guest house. They didn't bastardize the Mod. Amen to that.

Here's another from our area: 9007 Bonhomme Rd. in Bonham Acres

http://search.har.com/engine/dispSearch.cf...mp;backButton=Y

Gorgeous inside. Not quite as great as the N. Braeswood house on the outside. If you had the outside of that house and the inside of this, you'd have something world class.

The previous owners of 9007 couldn't resist pastiche, but they did the right thing. They built a cheesy victorian looking guest house. They didn't bastardize the Mod. Amen to that.

Love this one, but it seems this size of house would be for a family, and the schools there look to be, well awful.

Love this one, but it seems this size of house would be for a family, and the schools there look to be, well awful.

Bonhomme is an awesome street. Drive down Treefrog at the end of it one day. You will forget you are in SW Houston. Yes, the schools stink, but there are some great ones in adjacent neighborhoods. Make HISD magnet vanguard work for you!

Bonhomme is an awesome street. Drive down Treefrog at the end of it one day. You will forget you are in SW Houston. Yes, the schools stink, but there are some great ones in adjacent neighborhoods. Make HISD magnet vanguard work for you!

Off topic, perhaps, but a word of realistic warning to people thinking that magnets can solve their school problems... I am one of several people I know who have kids that did not get accepted into ANY of the magnets to which they applied. It's a lottery, and for some it works out well, and for others, it doesn't. Make sure you have a long list of magnets and a back-up plan.

The catch is that if there were good schools around Bonhomme Rd, and no slum apartments - the house might not be there.

Someone would have bought the place, torn it down, and thrown up a McMansion.

It's perverse to see it this way, but the awful schools and bad apartments have done more to preserve this area's Mods than any law or preservation group. (No offense intended to the guys in Memorial Bend or the Houston Mod).

• The title was changed to Home At 6102 North Braeswood Blvd.