Houston Aerial Photos! This Is Awesome

Actually the aerials you see over houston are NOT satelites. I know the company out of the Woodlands the flew those images. They regularly fly for HGAC and many development projects.

The satelite photos google uses are the ones you typically see when you get into the rural areas where the water appears to be an extremely bright blue and the land unusualy bright green. The good satelite images are not available unless you're willing to pay for them and are produce by the government.

The terraserver website uses aerial and satelites. The airplane ariels that are available to the public are always better quality than the satelite photos release to the public. Also, the satelite images here are over 10 years old.

The portions on Google that uses satelite imagery is not a tru photo. It is a technology based on infared and lasers. Part of the reason the colors a a little messed up. A true satelite photo will actually have cloud cover. The satelite technology used will not have clouds.

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...
google earth is awesome, except for the fact that the images are at least a couple of years old...otherwise, it is highly addictive... :blink:

Google Earth Rocks! I have pics I took in CA and compared them to the horizontal images from Google Earth......almost identical land formations!

Google Rocks!

Archived