Houston Methodist Walter & Centennial Tower

Jax

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This works well playing off of the existing Methodist Hospital Research Institue, with curving charcoal colored, curtainwall, and limestone base. This inner circle of the med center anchored on Bertner, by the circular McGovern building with its twin water walls, and forms the hub surrounded by the bastions of the Med center, Baylor, St. Lukes, Methodist, M.D. Anderson and standing  like a glass jenja game is the neurology building.

If you haven't been through this part of the med center in a while you should check it out. 

Also as you drive in on Magregor you get an incredible view of the med center with all of the new buildings really giving it a much denser feel.

I like the way the St' Lukes towers are backed by the new Texas Childrens addition and fronted by the new Methodist and the MD Anderson research center that was funded by the sheik. I can never remember the name of it. Its multifaceted with a nice green glazing and interesting 

window detailing.

Edited by bobruss
spelling
  • Like 4

This one confuses me. Is it still rising? It appears as if it is and if it is supposed to be 22 floors then it has a few more to go. That said, I don't think I've seen too many buildings that are built in this fashion (glass curtain wall going up before vertical climb is finished).

Edited by KinkaidAlum
  • Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, cloud713 said:

Construction from left to right: Texas Children's, Methodist, Memorial Hermann.

34792226361_ad807c44ed_k.jpg

Actually Cloud713, if you enlarge the image enough you'll see the crane for the 38 story hotel and condo project on Main.

Now be patient with me and let me guide you to it. If you look at the Texas Childrens building with the crane on the left  side of picture and look on the right side of Tex. Ch. and maybe four floors down from top of right side you'll just see what looks like the weighted end of the crane  for the new Main residential 38 story tower in the gap and just above the trees. So you can actually see signs if just barely of 4 projects with cranes in the med center. I guess the old eyes are still working.

• Like 9

11 hours ago, bobruss said:

Actually Cloud713, if you enlarge the image enough you'll see the crane for the 38 story hotel and condo project on Main.

Now be patient with me and let me guide you to it. If you look at the Texas Childrens building with the crane on the left  side of picture and look on the right side of Tex. Ch. and maybe four floors down from top of right side you'll just see what looks like the weighted end of the crane  for the new Main residential 38 story tower in the gap and just above the trees. So you can actually see signs if just barely of 4 projects with cranes in the med center. I guess the old eyes are still working.

Haha.. I saw the back of one of the cranes at the hotel/residential tower barely peeking out behind the new Children's tower when I uploaded the picture to my computer, but I didn't figure that was obvious enough for most people to notice, so I didn't mention it. Good eye!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I visit the better half at Methodist for lunch occasionally, the buzz around lunch time is crazy. Main has the LR stations with flower boxes and the second floor sky lobbies & crosswalks are crowded. Yes the majority of the eateries & stores are indoors but the street can be almost as vibrant.

Instead of suits and dresses it's scrubs and lab coats. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...